Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Thoughts while sitting in the backyard with a glass of wine

Posted by C Shell 
Recent Messages
Thoughts while sitting in the backyard with a glass of wine
September 05, 2010 07:14PM

"Summer's growing old, her smile is not so bold" -- Leo Kottke

but all times of the year have their own beauty, don't they?

Tim is reading a book about introverts. It says we live in an extrovert world, where everyone is expected to be good at going to parties and making small talk, to be good at formulating instant answers to questions thrown out. Right now he's reading about the Impressionists, painters who were mostly introverts, who SAW lines and colors differently than other painters.

A woodpecker and a jay are enjoying the late summer peanuts. Blue jays have many different songs. I used to think the strident. loud, braying one was their only song. Au contraire, bonapere! Some of their songs are beautiful, melodic, trilling things, that you say "What's that?" and your biologist hubby says "a blue jay" and you say, "Huh?" They also have a little quiet, talking, tapping song. And blue jays stay together in family groups, unlike most birds. One is churr, churring right now and another is making sounds like a baby crying.

So, just thinking, can we say All living things have more than one song. I feel this is true, just as I feel "everyone you see is carrying a heavy load." Oh Papa, how could I think that anything YOU have made could be a one-trick-pony? when you are so multi-faceted yourself, when you yourself have so many songs??

sitting in my backyard with Papa, hearing some of his songs, knowing the rest of my life I'll get to hear more if I want to........
Re: Thoughts while sitting in the backyard with a glass of wine
September 05, 2010 08:45PM
OH Shelley!!!!!!! I just sat down and started an email to catch up with all the things that I need to with you...... got the first sentence out and clicked on Papa's Home to see what I could see. OH MY!!!!!!! Oh my..... I gazed on each photo, and the writing. How I would love to sit there with you. Oh there is nothing like a river to watch.... oh my.

What is it about the things that you love that are so dear to me as well?

You know, that book, "Introvert Power" was life changing for me. It was as if God showed me who He created me to be.... and I could stop striving to be someone else. Totally loved it. It's the book by Laurie Helgoe: [www.wakingdesire.com] Is that what Tim is reading?

Thanks so much for this beautiful post. I am sitting here soaking it in as if I were with you......
September 05, 2010 09:17PM
Awesome, Shelley! Thanks for sharing your beauty with us Happy Dance and we got to meet Tim too! Hi Tim!!!

So, just thinking, can we say All living things have more than one song. I feel this is true, just as I feel "everyone you see is carrying a heavy load." Oh Papa, how could I think that anything YOU have made could be a one-trick-pony? when you are so multi-faceted yourself, when you yourself have so many songs??
So true. Yet we still persist in putting things into boxes, where they are easier to deal with...until even the one song is dull and muted. eye rolling smiley
Papa help us to see your beauty and the multi-faceted nature of your creation!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
September 05, 2010 09:57PM
(((((((((((Heather))))))))))) Yes, I got "Introvert Power" for us on your recommendation. didn't know if he'd even read it.

((((((((onyx & heather)))))))))thanks for "getting it" ~~ you make me feel glad to be here ~~
September 05, 2010 10:39PM
Oh gosh...... Shelley, isn't that the cat's pajamas, to be heard..... from deep in the heart? That's what has totally blown me away about getting to know you..... we are on the same page in so many areas.....

I have spent half the day going through some amazing facebook conversations....... which built me up for this long conversation that husband has been avoiding for a long time with his sister, about putting their dad in a "home".......

Now I am zapped of energy, but hanging onto sweet conversations like this, complete with photos....

Feeling blessed, even when tired.
September 06, 2010 05:55PM
I echo Heather's sentiments, about hearing many of your hearts, are close to where mine is. Heather to be sure those kind of conversations are really difficult. I am in a similar situation with my own family. My father is 90 with Alzheimers(what a hideous disease, I think I rather get hit by a bus, than go that way)and we are still having conversations about what the best direction for dad's care is. You guys are amazing thanks for sharing the pictures shell. So that's Tim say hi from North of the 49th parallel.

Cheers you guys.

Jon
September 29, 2010 10:12PM
Hugs - CShell

Love it - enjoy it - live it

LH
October 22, 2010 01:45PM
Beautiful thoughts...........What a blessing...

I have come to believe that the healing and cure for post traumatic stress disorder is to sit in the Son-light, soak in it, and then take some gentle beauty from that place into your day....

I want to have a gently chirping day rather than a strident scolding day.

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost