Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

A heavy load

Posted by C Shell 
Recent Messages
A heavy load
May 29, 2010 10:32PM
My drive to work each day takes about 30 minutes and it's the place and time that for some reason, I feel closest to God.

This week I "got a thought in my head" during that time. Now, I always hated it when people in church said "God told me", "Then God spoke to me and said". Because for one thing, it seemed like they were bragging, trying to impress the rest of us about how close they were to God. And for another thing, I never heard a "VOICE", so I assumed I never heard from God.

Since I'm not churchified anymore, I've come to trust the thoughts in my head as being maybe God, because I do believe he has made his home within me.

So last week, here's the thought that came into my head: Everyone you see is carrying a heavy load.

I've been sitting with that all week.

I have no idea of the load each person I meet, drive by, work with, talk to....bears. Just that we are all humans, we carry a heavy load. We're limited by space and time. We walk around in earth-suits that are frail and subject to corruption. We love, and hurt when those we love hurt. On and on.

This changes the way I look at everyone, and the way I treat everyone. The man who treats me rudely in traffic is carrying a heavy load. The check-out clerk with piercings all over her face is carrying a heavy load. The people I work with, my self-absorbed inlaws, all the people who hurt me in my past..........................are carrying a heavy load.

What do you think ?
Re: A heavy load
May 30, 2010 04:28AM
C Shell
My drive to work each day takes about 30 minutes and it's the place and time that for some reason, I feel closest to God.

This week I "got a thought in my head" during that time. Now, I always hated it when people in church said "God told me", "Then God spoke to me and said". Because for one thing, it seemed like they were bragging, trying to impress the rest of us about how close they were to God. And for another thing, I never heard a "VOICE", so I assumed I never heard from God.

Since I'm not churchified anymore, I've come to trust the thoughts in my head as being maybe God, because I do believe he has made his home within me.
I have been aware of that recently, also. I've been one to not worry about what others think; if they think I am crazy because I "hear" from God, then it would not phase me due to the certainty I had in Him...but now I am more aware of those who want to be sure that they have heard from Him, and so hearing someone else talk about it flippantly hurts them due to the desire they have. (Kind of like a couple who want to have kids but can't listening to a couple with lots of kids complain about how many they have!) Although I am unable to anticipate the reaction of others to such, I can now understand that they may not appreciate it, and so tune it down winking smiley

Like you, I have most often heard thoughts in a "different place" in my head that I know have not come from me, and I have learnt that I must feel the "deep peace" that goes with that message in order to trust...getting in touch with the Spirit who confirms that message to me...very hard to explain, and only comes from years of learning to trust Him, and making mistakes where I trusted myself. I have sometimes heard the "still, small voice" that roars like thunder, but I think he only uses that for special purposes, as he wants me to trust the indwelling Spirit, not wait for the big guns.

It is really the whole point of not being churchified...that we trust His Spirit to lead us; not being tossed here and there, not following the smooth talker in the suit, but following the inner leadings. But I don't think it's something for which we need to strive, as He makes it happen as a natural course of being free of the confines of the religious structure. Wild animals once tamed can learn to be wild again, if left in the wilderness long enough.

So last week, here's the thought that came into my head: Everyone you see is carrying a heavy load.

I've been sitting with that all week.

I have no idea of the load each person I meet, drive by, work with, talk to....bears. Just that we are all humans, we carry a heavy load. We're limited by space and time. We walk around in earth-suits that are frail and subject to corruption. We love, and hurt when those we love hurt. On and on.

This changes the way I look at everyone, and the way I treat everyone. The man who treats me rudely in traffic is carrying a heavy load. The check-out clerk with piercings all over her face is carrying a heavy load. The people I work with, my self-absorbed inlaws, all the people who hurt me in my past..........................are carrying a heavy load.

What do you think ?
LuvLove it. Yes, that's Him. And strangely, he speaks to you the same way as he does to me...bite sized portions that have so much to chew on! Hysterical We are indeed carrying heavy loads, and yet Jesus says,

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

So why do we keep picking up those damned loads? I know I tend to keep shouldering burdens of work and family...when I should be taking it to him. Doh!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

May 30, 2010 02:54PM
Wow, Onyx, I completely forgot about that verse.It adds much more to my thinking. I had been focusing on what I can do to lighten their loads, and on thinking more kindly and empathetically about people in general.

Jesus is the best load-lifter. Maybe when he says "take my yoke upon you and learn from me", one of his meanings is "be a load-lifter with me, watch how I do it: see, I'm gentle and humble in heart, and that's what load-lifters are."

I'd always read that verse and thought of Jesus bearing MY load. Which it does mean. but now I'm seeing this other nuance in it, in light of "everyone you see is carrying a heavy load."

The greatest way to lift someone's load is to be Jesus-in-skin to her or him, from a gentle and humble heart, and to introduce them to the Real One.
May 30, 2010 03:00PM
Considerate Onyx
I am more aware of those who want to be sure that they have heard from Him, and so hearing someone else talk about it flippantly hurts them due to the desire they have. (Kind of like a couple who want to have kids but can't listening to a couple with lots of kids complain about how many they have!) Although I am unable to anticipate the reaction of others to such, I can now understand that they may not appreciate it, and so tune it down
That is EXACTLY how I used to feel in church when people would go on about what God said to them. I never heard it likened to being childless, but that's just how it felt. Onyx, your kindness in "tuning it down", I wonder if you see that this very thing is a way of "lifting the load".?
June 27, 2010 01:47AM
((((((((((C Shell)))))))))

I just think of the good samaratin and how he helped someones load and as for those who passed him by.

or if you like...

If you go about the world only thinking of yourselves then we have chaos, agruments and strife - then of course thats only the 'natural plain'!!

In a bible version called the Good News a very talented man drew many 'stick figures' and these were used to illustrate a verse. There was one I will never forget - the one where the person is helping carry the load of the one in front of him and the one behind him and the one behind him and the one ........

LH was here!
Good Post!

"I think it's really terrifying that a country based on the foundations and ideals of God, is now systematically removing God from everything!
Stephen Baldwin

June 27, 2010 02:26AM
LH don't know if this is what you mean, but it sure says it to me.

June 27, 2010 10:51PM
(((((((C Shell))))))

Thats the one - couldnt find it in my copy last night -

Galatians 6:2 (New International Version)

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

or

Galatians 6:2 (Amplified Bible)

Bear (endure, carry) one another's burdens and [a]troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete what is lacking [in your obedience to it].

The 'law' being the "royal law" of love for each other.

LH was here again... ~ : {)>
June 28, 2010 09:44PM
___,,,^V^,,,___

Phoebe is here too, just taking this all in...it is wonderful to think with you guys.

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
June 29, 2010 01:58AM
"My yoke is easy and my burden is light." I love that verse. I remember the day (after getting OOTB ) that I thought of that verse and laughed out loud. "what a crock of S***" I admitted. So, then I asked Jesus to show me the truth -- He is still showing me -- a lot of detox to do from 30 years of religious thinking.

Its amazing to me how -- when I am honest and not " trying to help", but just loving others, their burden is lifted (if they are willing).

I often think "You never know what others have to deal with". Myself, I must test my blood sugar multiple times every day, take multiple injections of different types of insulin, deal with keeping the medications and supplies (needles) current and clean and cold, listen to my body throughout the day for signs of high/low sugar, etc. All these things that aren't even on the radar of concern for others. So,... I think... "You never know what others have to deal with" -- i.e. "give people a break -- don't add to their worries".

But you're Jesus inspired word is better. It speaks to the heart and it speaks of the "Lifter" (of my head). :-)

C Shell
The greatest way to lift someone's load is to be Jesus-in-skin to her or him, from a gentle and humble heart, and to introduce them to the Real One.

I LOVE this. Yep, smells like Jesus to me.
June 29, 2010 12:41PM
Theresa!

I didn't know til just now that you have diabetes. My goodness. What a lot of work you have to do every day to maintain your health. And your point is perfect: if I met you on the street I'd never know what you carry....so how many of the other people I meet have whole lives with loads? All of 'em!

Love you, T!
June 30, 2010 01:35AM
Thanks Shelley!! I appreciate the support. This is the first time I've shared this about myself. I think I worry that people won't understand all that it means --> how much it affects every moment of being / staying alive. So, why bother trying to explain? (Explaining can get depressing -- Another battle I fight...) So, moving on... Big Hug! to you!!
June 30, 2010 08:33AM
((((((((Theresa7))))))

I know i'm a bit of a "stranger" but please recieve this hug, I like many have had friends who have been diabetic and or insulin dependant. Watch those levels but "be free to be you"

I guess no chocolate then for you?

(lionhugs)

"I think it's really terrifying that a country based on the foundations and ideals of God, is now systematically removing God from everything!
Stephen Baldwin
June 30, 2010 09:14PM
Oh Theresa, I am so glad that you shared...... I so understand what you are saying. Perhaps I shouldn't be sharing right now, because I am quite down.... hopefully only because of the clouds and rain... dark, but the health issues, yes.... folks in my actual physical vicinity really don't want to know. And yet, we keep it to ourselves, unless some sweet folks like those here are inclined to bend an ear and a heart.

After listening to your heart here... I wonder where I have been cold, and not been listening to the hearts of others......

Please folks, say a prayer for Theresa, and for me.... that we would be able to connect to others, in spite of our limitations and health issues.

Thanks, and (((Theresa))))

Love
Heather
July 01, 2010 12:10AM
Thanks Heather :-) I was moved to tears by your love, support, and understanding. I think I've gotten used to people who "really don't want to know". When someone really cares (without trying to take over my life and how I care for my body), and expresses their heart for my heart, I am truly moved. Thank you.

How rare it is that we touch each other's hearts this way (in our flesh & blood lives) -- in the places that are truly painful and in need of care. I want to do that for others. Another way of lifting someone's load, I think. After all, its what Jesus does. :-)
July 01, 2010 01:28PM
Heather, Theresa...you moved me to tears also...It is so hard to carry on when those around you don't know--or even want to know--the obstacles that have to be overcome just to keep going. People tend to just question (verbally or action-wise) why you don't do what they do, etc. without bothering to go just a little further beneath the surface and find out why. Or....even if they do know a little bit about the why, they act as if it will all go away if we all ignore it long enough...or perhaps that I will go away if I am ignored long enough...

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
July 02, 2010 05:33PM
July 17, 2010 09:31PM
LuvLotsa love here guys!

And this is how they shall know that you are mine....

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
July 25, 2010 10:08PM
Malichi 3 v16-18

Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
July 26, 2010 07:39AM
People's New Testament

13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples. The love and self-sacrifice of Christians has done more to extend the name of Christ than argument. In the early ages, heathen were wont to say: See how these Christians love one another.

Now I like this version.... Warrior
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost