Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

A Kidney for Heather

Posted by C Shell 
Recent Messages
Re: A Kidney for Heather
July 22, 2010 08:48PM
Just got the news.... Heather and I are "non reactive", which means her body won't reject my kidney!

This is the best news yet! More tests to come, but this is very major.

Thanks in advance for rejoicing with me, cuz I know you guys will, you're so cool.
July 22, 2010 09:00PM
Wahoooooo! Happy Dance

Still find it hard to believe you are walking this path.
July 22, 2010 09:07PM

Wishing we could be there to party with you! But Papa is there with you grinning smiley What great news, thanks Shelley!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

July 23, 2010 08:29PM
That's wonderful. Happy DanceHappy DanceApplause

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
July 23, 2010 10:23PM
Yay!!!! That's terrific news!
July 23, 2010 10:45PM
I check in here, and find this little party of encouragers. You guys are the greatest! Luv
July 24, 2010 01:31AM
Whew! You talk about encouraged.... at JUST the right time.... my goodness. DanceApplauseExcited
July 24, 2010 03:51AM
HIGH FIVES!!!!!!!!!
July 25, 2010 09:33PM
Lion hugs are at least this big Big Hug!

4 paws - High 20! - I pray the next few tests go equally as smooth and that the scheduling time is 'just right'

lh
July 26, 2010 01:19PM
The two of you, Shelly and Heather, overwhelm me with your love and kindness. You are a real inspiration to me. I am praying for both of you, all the different aspects of this path you have chosen to walk. There are no words to describe the indescribable love of Papa God shining through both of you!

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
July 27, 2010 02:33AM
Oh shoot, it's not such a big thing. Any of you would do this if Papa gave you the chance, You would, Phoebe, I know your heart.
July 27, 2010 06:48PM
Yes, it's not like Shelley was out looking for someone to give a kidney to. She was just walking through life with her eyes wide open, and saw the opportunity and JUMPED at it. And I am truly amazed. I pray that each of us will open our eyes, ears, heart to life and to Papa...... and what happens to each of us will be so amazingly different and individual. But Shelley, to me, is the most beautiful person, indeed, and oh how blessed I am to receive this offer of love, no matter how it plays out.

I am amazed.
May 26, 2011 01:15AM
Wow, I just read over this thread from the beginning, What a trip!

Some of you know already from Facebook that THE TRANSPLANT IS A GO!!!! The tests have all been done and gee, it only took a year and a month....(hmmm a bit of sarcasm perhaps?)...for them to pronounce me healthy enough to give Heather my kidney. I tell ya, I have not been the most patient of persons. Heather always tells me "it is what it is" and reminds me that Papa's been directing this process from the get-go, and that usually peels me off the ceiling.

Well, finally today we have the all-clear. We will probably do the transplant in August. My husband and I will fly 1,809.9 miles from South Bend, Indiana to Seattle, Washington where we will meet Heather for the first time. I can't tell you how thrilling that will be! Tim and I will be there 2 weeks, Heather for up to 2 months. I think the reason it takes so long for Heather is the danger of rejection. She will have to be on some pretty heavy-duty meds the rest of her life to keep her body from kicking Sidney the Kidney out.

This journey began back at The God Journey, over 2 years ago. Some of you were there too -- Onyx, Rhea (Phoebe), Jeff... we were all a lot newer at this Outside the Box thing back then. And I was so impressed with the love, kindness, wisdom of Heather, didn't know she was living with failing kidneys. One day, she says now she was in a very low place, she posted a request for prayer for her health, that she was going to have to start dialysis and didn't want to do it.

The thought occurred to me, She has so many friends, surely by now someone has offered her a kidney. So I asked her. And she said, No, nobody has. And I said, Well then, I'd like to offer you mine. What I was thinking was, I have two and I only need one, so why not? And I have to say that this very non-dramatic beginning was just full of Papa, and he's been in it every step, every test, every email Heather and I have exchanged. We have become very good friends, which has blessed my life beyond measure.

It means a lot to me to share this with you Papa's Home friends. You are my family across the world. I love you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 01:22AM by C Shell.
May 30, 2011 08:32AM
This is the one... the only.... *drumroll please*
Happy!Sidney the Kidney!Happy!

I made the basis for this little guy today, and Onyx added the shading.
I hope you like him!

“There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva.”

Josh Gabon

May 30, 2011 05:25PM
Go super sydney
May 31, 2011 03:05AM
Super Sydney. Go dude.
May 31, 2011 05:16PM
That is EXACTLY what Sidney looks like. It's as if you read my mind, Princess! You are a computer genius like your Dad.
June 01, 2011 11:33AM
No 'kidneying' this is such great news Shelley. Jesus with 'skin on'. Love to you and Heather. Happy DanceExcitedsmileys with beer
August 20, 2011 07:52PM
It's all about to happen....
Heather and Shelley have finally met up in Seattle, and Sidney is about to relocate grinning smiley

Friends of Sidney facebook page

- Lenny Bruce

August 21, 2011 09:26PM
Shelley has a write-up in her local paper.

- Lenny Bruce

August 21, 2011 10:10PM
Wow! Great Article! I feel so .... like I want to DO something to help, encourage, make a difference....

Well, for now, sending my love and asking our Papa to intervene if necessary. I'd ask him to be ever-present, but that's a given. :-)

Big Hug!
Seems appropriate: (from LH)
[url=

]TestifyToLove-YouTube[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 10:18PM by Theresa7.
August 22, 2011 10:27AM
That's all that is necessary, T!

Yet people are giving so generously ... so far over $3900... Crying for Joy

- Lenny Bruce
August 22, 2011 04:53PM
WOW, shows how much love there is in this world. Wish I could be on the other side of the country tomorrow. I will be thinking of them all day tomorrow.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 03:35PM by dogwoodflwr.
August 23, 2011 09:49PM
I have been following Shelley and Heather on Facebook and I felt so drawn to come back to this place today, the day of the transplant. I am so very very happy for Shelley and Heather, and so inspired by their story. I will be back to posting on Papa's Home, see elsewhere. Thanks to Onyx for the website contact for them too. Wonderful, God-in-action story! Outside the box! May be looking also for a way to change my on-line name here....Feels good to be "home".

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
August 24, 2011 10:03AM
Wow, it's been some kinda ride! I thought when I awoke that it was going to be all over...little did I realise that Papa had a day of work lined up for me administrating the FB group for Sidney. And that my wonderful family would help me in that!

I am so proud of you, Sidney, little guy that you are, you did a great big marvelous job! And I was just happy to do my little part to help. Wifey and princess helped by administrating sidney.papashome.com at the same time, and other projects like the google map of where all Sidney's friends are, and giving Sidney's photo a new look.

But the real work was done in Seattle, where a team of fine surgeons took part of a very brave young woman, and put it into another very brave young woman grinning smiley

Thanks be to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus the Christ, for he knew all this right from the beginning, and he orchestrated this symphony for love.

- Lenny Bruce

August 29, 2011 04:43PM
I am so slow these days, it's pathetic, so i just got the chance to come & see the map you made, Onyx, of all the Friends of Sidney. That is an amazing thing! both the map itself and the fact that there are so many friends.

You know of course, that it was you, Onyx, that made the whole Sidney Friends thing happen. Nobody else on Living Donors Online, where I go to hobnob with fellow donors, none of those folks that I know of, had the privilege of having people all over the world praying for them, thinking about them, checking in on our progress. I would have had the same experience of donating, but because of Onyx and your family, and because of J, it was made into so much MORE and so many other people got to be involved.

When you conceived of the Sidney site, and the idea of blogging and allowing donations, I wasn't sure. Then Princess made the Sidney icon and I knew it was right. Then the facebook link Friends of Sidney brought in so many more people. Just phenomenal. When I was lying in the hospital Tim would read me all the encouragements. Wow, nothing better.

Onyx, I can never, ever thank you enough. .
August 29, 2011 09:04PM
Blushing aw gee Shell... it was all worth it; for Heather and you. We do what we can ...Luv

- Lenny Bruce
September 03, 2011 05:41AM
Aw shell - Big (((((((S)))))))

Friends are easy to find - Good friends are a rare jewel.

"Someone has said that if you can count your true friends on the fingers of one hand, you are blessed. A friend is one whom you can be yourself with and never fear that he or she will judge you. A friend is someone that you can confide in with complete trust. A friend is someone you respect and that respects you, not based upon worthiness but based upon a likeness of mind."

Pray for speedy recovery.

LH
September 05, 2011 03:29PM
I had the privilege of meeting Shelley and Heather for the first time last week. I live 2.5 hours north of Seattle where the transplant took place. Sooo last wednesday the better looking one in the marriage and I pulled out our passports and jumped into the vehicle and drove down to Seattle. After poking around in a few shops we went over to the hotel where they were staying. If you can remember back way back to like the first date you ever had it was kind of like that. Nervous and excited all at the same time more so as I reached the hotel. I called up to shell's room, and then a few moments later Shell and Heather came down to the lobby, after hugs (gentle) were exchanged we just started talking, and dispite their pain and discomfort we talked for almost an hour. Of all things from father and being free of religion to jobs kids and of course..... Shorts smiling smiley (sorry J) it was like we were old friends.
In many ways as Shelley walked around the corner from the elevator to the lobby it felt surreal and much like our facebook friends was spilling out of cyberworld into the real flesh and bones world. Folks these are wonderful ladies full of spunk and life, in spite of what they went through. They are both amazing Sid the Kid transplant or not and our on a wonderful journey with 'dad'. I'm so glad I screwed up my courage to make the journey...(try telling your spouse that you want to go and meet a couple of lovely gals you met on fb and other places)but it went well and Jess really enjoyed meeting them both, even though she thinks forums and facebook stuff are crazy. Love you lovely ladies. Be at peace today and may you experience the healing of papa and the love of your friends and family world wide. Saying hey from north of the 49th. smiling smiley
September 06, 2011 05:46AM
Good Job

- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost