Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Foundations

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Foundations
October 31, 2011 10:08AM
I've been thinking about foundations...because one of our trees fell on the house last night (see my FB profile); there are 5 yuccas ( I think they are, not really sure) that exploded in growth, without developing a deep root system, and so they are falling over. Does this happen to us?
What does it really mean to have Christ as our foundation?
Are there some spiritual 'principles' that are worth paying attention to, whilst others not-so-much?

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Foundations
October 31, 2011 10:09AM

- Lenny Bruce

October 31, 2011 10:12AM
These were taken in the morning, just after sunrise, so the light is not great, and it is only a cellphone!

- Lenny Bruce
October 31, 2011 10:44PM
I guess in the past I could of listed the foundations to Christian life, now I'm not sure, is it as simple as holding onto the fact that I am loved, and trying to act out of a reflection of that love, even if that's a poor reflection or just a good ideal.
November 06, 2011 10:44PM
I guess my ideas have changed a LOT over the years. Now I think that it's quite simply "living loved". Knowing that God is good, and that He loves me, and all that is created.

We see storms come and go, and nature takes down big trees, like the storms that hit the east coast this last week, with snow on the trees that haven't even lost their leaves yet. some of the trees are quite old. Then there is that big Sequoia tree that fell in California this week, making the news. I remember in my childhood, often walking alone out to a large uninhabited lake and sitting under a lone, giant ponderosa pine, looking up at its huge limbs reaching out. Decades later I traveled back to N Idaho and visited that lake, and the big tree was down, laying in the lake. The house I lived in was gone, as were my parents and one brother.

All things change, in form. But we continue on..... for all eternity, in God's presence. It's an unknown, wild journey. But our security is in love, not in the forms.

No longer do I set my idea of a "strong foundation" in how much bible verses I have memorized, and how many formula prayers I know...... but just that I am known by my creator.
November 07, 2011 12:07AM
Beautiful. Luv

- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost