Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Prayer answered

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Prayer answered
May 09, 2011 08:05AM
My old laptop is dying slowly; it was second hand when I got it, and I had to fix it to make it work then...but it's prognosis is grim...so I've been looking for a while at what I could get off eBay (much cheaper than here!!!), and really liked a particular machine because it had everything I needed; but it was $1000, and given that I am using Paypal to pay for it, I had to have the money there. I already had $500 in it, and an American client was owing me another $400 for when I finished his web site...so I was praying;" Papa you know what I need; please find me another laptop, given that I cannot afford that one! "
So Saturday rolls around, I finish the website. The client pays me $500. Happy Dance I protested that he had paid me too much, but he said that I got what I deserved...so I shut up Laughing. The client is a lovely Muslim bloke that I want to get to chat some more about spiritual stuff; he has an awesome heart.

So any prayers answered for you recently?

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Prayer answered
May 17, 2011 12:13AM
Awwww, that's so cool. Glad to hear this. Just right!!!!!

I don't know if I have actual physical things in answer to prayers of late...... but I am finding that I am trusting that all I need is taken care of by Father, and I am just wanting to be present each day...... so even though my health and situations in life are not very good... I feel as if I am learning to be in the moment, with God, so that's more than I would ever want.
May 18, 2011 07:12AM
Thanks Onyx for your patience and expertise when we have PC hissy fits and I "Go Ballistic"! Good Job

Generally Speaketh
"Since when does Father not know exactly whats happening in our lives? It's not that we dont think He knows but rather, 'will I just, trust Him and will I let Him show me a better way"?

Some say "do your best the leave the rest in His hands"

LH
(Thinking by the fire on a cold night in the bay)
May 18, 2011 11:19AM
Onyx, Great ! about your laptop! what a tangible expression of Papa's love!

Prayers answered....well, my Tim has been in a slump again and we had a good talk last weekend, and he's now getting up with me at 5 to exercise. This may not seem like much, but it's an answer to prayer on many health fronts: physical, mental, spiritual, and it even is bringing us closer. So I'm thanking Papa for good beginnings of what may be a shift in a positive direction for my sweetie.
May 18, 2011 12:11PM
I find it interesting that when I worked for the church I could pray in times of need and pretty soon anonymous envelopes would come through my door often with the exact amount needed.  One night at 1am a blank envelope landed on the mat with £400 but it didn't feel right and turned out to be for a neighbour.

When I stopped working for the church the envelopes stopped and I questioned whether the money was from god or just because people in the church knew my situation.

Now I guess I don't offer verbal or thought prayer request but non verbal inner groanings that have been answered in times of loneliness finding an unexpected friend to share a drink or receiving just the right verse through bible in a year on a morning before a very difficult meeting with my ex.

I am aware more of dad meeting my needs beyond my capacity to understand fully what they are and place them before him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost