Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

d'oh

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
d'oh
December 31, 2010 05:16AM
spent today, the last day of the year, sorting out a shopping list for a d.i.y. project i am trying to get done in our laundry. 4-day weekend of solid work ahead... the truck arrives with the goods...i am needed to help with the unloading of these large sheets of wood...oops, fall off the truck, land awkwardly on my wrist an go owww... finish unloading truck, then start howling...and spend the next 4.5 hours at accident + emergency...i fractured a wrist bone and displaced one. yay, just wot i needed. me is an iriot...who needs to learn to type left handed, as i am for this, which is why there is no caps grinning smiley

hopefully, if i heal well over coming week i won't need surgery...but 6 weeks of plaster is going to annoy me no end, as i struggle to do my work one-handed

so wifey is going to learn some diy skills....actually given how much sheloves watching 'extreme home makeover' i am sure she will have fun

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: d'oh
December 31, 2010 05:49AM
Oh man what a plank! There must of been easier ways to get out of the diy!

Dad please ease the pain and frustration and bring speedy healing
December 31, 2010 01:25PM
Ouch, wishing you a fast recovery. Happy New Year too.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
December 31, 2010 08:32PM
Oh Onyx! a broken wrist! Oh you poor thing! Eeeeeek

Papa, ease the pain. and knit those bones back together as only you can do. no surgery please, Papa? just mend our Onyx in your time and way.

Love you, Onyx! with 2011 starting this way, it's GOT to get better, so watch out for a great year!
January 02, 2011 01:54AM
Hey sorry to hear that Onyx. What a drag and I hope that it doesn't affect your life and work too negatively.

Hope that your year is a good one.

Jon
January 02, 2011 01:29PM
Bummer Onyx!! Well, at least in this computer age you don't have to learn how to WRITE left-handed!!

Here's to a smooth learning transition and fast and correct healing!! smileys with beer
January 03, 2011 12:11AM
C Shell
with 2011 starting this way, it's GOT to get better, so watch out for a great year!

I'll take that! With more and more of the house repairs (and minor renovations) slowly getting finished, it will improve the 'quality of life' for all of us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 07:52AM by Wifey.
January 03, 2011 07:35AM
Oh my goodness Onyx, I am SO SORRY to hear this!!!!!! OUCH!!!!! how are you doing now? I am sure Wifey is taking good care of you..... but I have to admit that is indeed a terrible way to end the year. But yes, good things to follow.

Blessings friend, heal quickly.
January 03, 2011 08:00AM

Doing ok, thanks guys + gals.

- Lenny Bruce

January 03, 2011 08:34AM
Oh look, our very own Maneki Neko!

January 03, 2011 07:49PM
Yeah...that And one cool cat indeed, huh? Blessings you two!!!!!!!
January 03, 2011 08:13PM
<Funny story>
We see these little plastic gold-coloured cats in just about every takeaways shop around here(run by the Chinese). The left arm of the cat is driven by battery to wave up and down, swiveling at the elbow. And so my children love to imitate it. Upon entering one of these takeaway shops recently, the proprietors had made the mistake of leaving the cat within reach. The most curious of my boys made a beeline for it, and pulled its arm off! Oops, an embarrassed daddy apologises and tries to fix it, but it needs glue...
So, though the little cat is supposedly good luck, he had rather bad luck that day to meet one of my boys!

- Lenny Bruce
January 04, 2011 05:38AM
Ha, great story!!!!! This reminds me of all of the little cheap things in the markets in China, everything you could imagine that would wave it's arm, including Mao!!!!! Here's a photo that cracks me up!

January 05, 2011 12:56PM
Did Mao's arm wave up & down too? that would have really been funny. and what are you doing to his leg, Heather?
January 06, 2011 09:04PM
Yes, Mao's arm did wave up and down. And there were little watches, just like a Mickey Mouse watch, where his arms were the hour and minute hand. Hilarious!!!!

Shelley, I was being very disrespectful, and probably could have been in big trouble, but it brought out the rebellion in me, heh. The funny thing about the placement of this big statue was that right behind it was a museum/store with this title: Ancient Extinct Life and Dinosaur Fossil Exhibition!!!!! HAHAHAHA!
January 07, 2011 01:56AM
January 07, 2011 02:13AM
I see you guys are up to your usual fun and games. Rock on (Had to add this little green guy waving his arm!)

Onyx, I am sorry to hear about your wrist. I will pray for your healing. Sounds painful. How inconvenient to break your right arm! I hope that you are coping all right and not getting too frustrated.

Way to get out of the work, pal! Applause

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
January 07, 2011 07:01PM
Laughing

- Lenny Bruce
January 11, 2011 10:21AM
Update:

been to fracture clinic, more xrays, replaced plaster cast with lighter fibreglass one. they now think it is only one fracture...the xrays are pretty bad for resolution...i need to invent something better winking smiley

still got 6 weeks to go they reckon tantrum

- Lenny Bruce
January 12, 2011 04:26AM
Writing on the first cast....

January 13, 2011 12:49AM
glad you're healing Onyx. 6 weeks sounds like a long time but in the whole of life.....not.

Cast all your cares upon him Haha good one
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost