Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

The Doctor

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
The Doctor
August 19, 2010 06:49PM
Hello my friends, it's been a while...the busy season is not yet over, but I felt to come spend some time with y'all!

I've been thinking about this :
Matthew 9
As Jesus went on from there, He saw a man called Matthew, sitting in the tax collector's booth; and He said to him, " Follow Me!" And he got up and followed Him.
Then it happened that as Jesus was reclining at the table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were dining with Jesus and His disciples.

When the Pharisees saw this, they said to His disciples, " Why is your Teacher eating with the tax collectors and sinners?"

But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.

"But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

The institutions I have been part of all put the adherent's ability to perform mentally and physically and socially and emotionally at the top of the priority list for people that they would value...people that they could use to further their aims. Hence they left out those of "unsound" mind, body, temperament, social acceptability.

Whilst praying for my old Grandpa (93!), I was made aware of Papa's love and value for this old man, despite the fact that his body barely works, and his communication is shot, and his senility is set in...those are the outer things that man looks at...Jesus is the lover of our heart! So then, how can we say to those of other belief systems / persuasions / mental capacity that they will never see Him? For it is He who looks upon our heart, it is He who gave His all for the purchase of that soul.

Therefore is it really even necessary for any one of us to follow Christianity's pat line of "you MUST confess the Jesus Christ is Lord with your mouth in front of a congregation of people!"??? Not to denigrate that stand...but it cannot stand up to His love, nor can it stand up against logic...as it confines all of the mentally infirm, the too-young, the mute...to hell.

Papa forgive me for the times that I have valued your people according to their perceived worth! Help me to see their value in your eyes!!!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: The Doctor
August 20, 2010 02:58AM
ooooh yes - I agree with you Onyx.

My dad said many things, (now left as a legacy after he died - and he prob had no idea of how many of the things he spoke of deeply impacted me, and which I now (hopefully) pass onto my children).... he said..... 'Everyone has a heart that beats'. Whenever my mum (sorry, MOM *giggle* or I passed a comment about someone, or their pagan religion, or how creepy someone was, or what awful thing they had done, and we looked on the outside... dad would always insist... 'they have a heart that beats'. He was meaning - ' hey, numbskull - Jesus loves that person, warts and all - He looks at the heart, He loves the unlovable, He loves the sinner, not the sin - will ya just stop looking with human eyes and look at that person with God's eyes!!' Whenever I feel myself being judgmental or passing comment on the 'unlovable' , I can hear my precious father's words as if he is standing next to me. I only wish I could tell that and I do remember the many life lessons he taught me. (I miss him sooo much

Another way of looking at people is to play the 'Pollyanna' game (yeeek - I HATE that story!!!) Even though my dad loved this story - what I about to share comes from my friend's mother.... she always said..... 'everybody has one 'good' or 'redeeming' quality - you may have to dig deep to find it - it may just be a nice smile... but everybody has at least one' - basically - it's up to you to find it.

Just my My 2 Cents worth worth
August 21, 2010 03:54AM
Ginny, I love you. Pollyanna was my favorite movie as a kid and it still runs through my veins.

I love, love LOVE what you shared about your Dad. What he said was truth, all of us have a heart that beats, all of us "carry a heavy load" (as Papa kinda told me one day). Compassion. Grace. Love. That is who Jesus was with the "tax collectors and sinners". and that attracted me to Him. because there's a big part of me that knows I am a tax collector and a sinner. The way he loved them is the way he loves me. Selah.

one and only onyx
it is He who looks upon our heart, it is He who gave His all for the purchase of that soul.
My husband has a severely mentally handicapped 13 year old granddaughter. We'll be babysitting her tomorrow. She's like a baby, can't speak or even sit up without help. Her spirit has the ability to be in love with Jesus as much as mine does. Maybe more. Her value to him? I can't even guess.
August 21, 2010 06:36AM
C Shell
...She's like a baby, can't speak or even sit up without help. Her spirit has the ability to be in love with Jesus as much as mine does. Maybe more. Her value to him? I can't even guess.

"Priceless"

Nothing to add

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost