Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

All singing and dancing Happy Dance

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
All singing and dancing Happy Dance
April 27, 2010 11:27PM
Rofl Last night I took my eldest girl (13yo) to a drama class; and I joined in too. Talk about out of my depth! 99% of the class was under 18. I was the old duffer in the class, providing the deepest voice grinning smiley It was fun to learn something different; singing and dancing; we are eventually going to be doing Les Miserables as a group. Though, with all that singing and dancing it was easy to see why Les was so Miserable: - particularly if he has 3 left feet and a bung knee like me. I hope no one gets video of me trying to dance- it would go viral on Youtube in no time. Talk about spastic octopus. Anyhoo, I can sing better than dance, so will stick around for that. My girl had fun too, despite the embarrassment of a Dad who makes a fool of himself in front of other teens!

It was interesting to note that she felt free and able to enjoy herself- enough for the teacher to hold her up as an example- whereas the other teens were very self-conscious and concerned with what their peers thought. Home-schooling her, and getting out of the IC, has been wonderful in that regard!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 11:31PM by onyx.
Re: All singing and dancing Happy Dance
April 28, 2010 12:40AM
That sounds like so much fun! You cracked me up about Les and his Miserable state! I bet you lookedor maybe more like

On second thought, I could also imagine

How lovely that your daughter was so natural and unselfconscious. You and Wifey being the same, she's a chip off your blocks.

My son's main passion growing up was acting. He was in just about every play from 4th grade through high school, and then he majored in it in college. And while I never joined in like you did, Onyx, I went to every single performance of every single play and loved every minute.
April 28, 2010 01:36PM
Hey Onyx,

My daughter's passion is singing and acting, and writing too. She had the lead role in Annie last fall and is in Anne of Green Gables this year. She actually talked me into getting involved. Sigh. Thankfully there isn't any dancing involved, only a minor speaking role( I play the venerable Dr Spencer) and some group singing. Yikes. ... Life is fun ain't it.. smiling smiley She's also auditioning for another role in a production for the summer. Busy times.
April 28, 2010 07:11PM
Rock on Zinger ; Yeah life is fun! Good onya mate for joining in; it must be an encouragement to her too!
Shelley....you are almost there with the Taz...but he's still too coordinated! grinning smiley

- Lenny Bruce
April 30, 2010 07:08AM
Rock on Homeschooling!!

Did you know that I homeschooled? I started HSing when I was 15yrs. Loved it.
April 30, 2010 08:39AM
Wow, Ash! That's very cool; can you tell us what you liked about it most, and why you did it? We run the local Homeschoolers group, but when we started out down this path it was more to do with how bad the state school system is rather than positive reasoning.

- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost