Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Iron sharpens ironWarrior

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Iron sharpens ironWarrior
April 21, 2010 10:18AM
Proverbs 27:17 (New American Standard Bible)

17Iron sharpens iron,
So one man sharpens another.

Ok, I guess we can all agree on that one; we need each other to rub-up-against, in order to become sharper. Papa spoke to me today about this concept, making me realise that I CRAVE for that sharpening, particularly at an intellectual level. And as I examined how PapasHome came to be, I realised that in being a moderator, and the administrator, of this place, I was specifically removing myself from some of the hard tools in the cutlery drawer without even being aware of it; because people don't want to challenge me on my turf, so to speak.

So this is an apology. Sorry for being in the position where it seems I would be "untouchable". I am asking now that you good folk challenge me on anything and everything; I am not always right (ask Wifey!!!), and I need to have many of my rough edges knocked off. And no I am not going to take offence and ban you. smiling bouncing smiley Luv

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Iron sharpens ironWarrior
April 21, 2010 12:38PM
I think most of us populating Papa's Home are rather like-minded. While that's comforting, it is good to get challenged from time to time by people who DON'T think like you! For me...it makes me look at what I believe more closely, to see if I REALLY believe that; and it exercises those skills you use when you have to talk to someone you disagree with but don't want to get all argumentative and in-your-face.

So....what we need here are more people who disagree with us!

O, by the way, I appreciated Wifey's challenge on another thread about conspiracy theories! That made me think!
April 21, 2010 12:42PM
I'm still here, guys. Just having a time of "writer's block" or whatever...I can't seem to get my thoughts or my ducks in a row enough to compose a decent post. Just wanted to let you know I have not totally gone "poof" from here...Lurk

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
April 21, 2010 05:40PM
Yippee Ki Yay and Yee Haw!It's Phoebe! Well this IS a good day!

Absolutely great to see you again, Phoeb!

Who ever said we only allowed "decent posts"? We just want YOU, poster's block or not!
April 21, 2010 07:52PM
Yay Phoebe!!!! I thought I had seen a little bird fluttering around grinning smiley Like Shell said; don't worry about having all your thoughts connected as a train...people sometimes complain that my train has left the station already without them!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
April 21, 2010 11:44PM
Whistleblower

NeenerNeener

i'm still here - just gutted about job applications, life and the way the grass moves (cat behind it)
April 24, 2010 01:22AM
Hey I still drop in from time to time. Just wanted to say that I appreciate the spirit of the site. Don't often post 'cause life is really nutsie for me right now.

Jon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost