Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

How to control peopleDevil

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
How to control peopleDevil
April 11, 2010 10:08PM
I have been marvelling recently at the way that my children have been working with the computer. Even though we run an IT business, the kids have not had the freedom to use a computer at all until recently, when I let them at my laptop. A couple of weeks later, and I am amazed at how well they have picked it up. I run a custom version of linux on it, that I put together...that's all rocket science to most people ... but the point is that the kids are able to use it easily; "Miss 13" uses it to do assignments and create stunning vector art, "Miss 7" uses it to play mind games, fiddle with appearance settings, and do basic paintings, and the two "Mr 4s" use it to colour-in pictures and play educational games.

The point is that until they had the FREEDOM to explore and learn and develop their own skills, they did not know that they could do these things. Until we are given the FREEDOM to learn and grow and develop outside of the controlling artifice of an institution that tries to protect us from ourselves, we will never know the joy of using the gifts that we are given that lie dormant.

This is how we control others; remove that FREEDOM to make mistakes, the FREEDOM to explore, and put them into a box; where they are "nice and safe"; "for their own good" of course!!! Then we can prove how valuable we are by doing everything for them! Yuk!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: How to control peopleDevil
April 11, 2010 11:35PM
Onyx I would be interested to know some examples of

the controlling artifice of an institution that tries to protect us from ourselves
How did that look in your experience?
April 12, 2010 01:10AM
C Shell
Onyx I would be interested to know some examples of

the controlling artifice of an institution that tries to protect us from ourselves
How did that look in your experience?

Ugh. Dredging up horrible memories winking smiley In the club I was a peon of, the modus operandi was very much..."shut up, and do what you're told by the leadership"...if you are lucky they may fawn some affection upon you, and bless you with some more important tasks to do - so long as it was controlled by them, and kept the name of their organization in "good repute". Very much like corporate business! It is still being run like that to this day; we talk often with another peon who is disgusted at the way they pick and choose whom they are going to "bless" or let receive "special ministry". It's all controlling manipulation and it makes me sick. They do it in the name of "protecting us from ourselves" because after all; the heart is deceitful and wicked, and therefore we cannot be trusted unless we are leadership, so the leadership can save us from our failures...by not letting us do anything.

Numerous times I tried to start a "home-group", only to be told that it was not allowed unless I went through the required tutelage, courses, and "sat under" another leader who would then see if I qualified. I mean, good-grief, it was not like I was trying to establish my own cult. I genuinely wanted to meet with people and share with them.

Other times there were "special ministry retreats" designed for a select group within the church...too bad if you wanted to go and join it, but you weren't part of the right clique - usually the leadership in-club. What really rots your undies is when new people join the churchclub, but they are rich, and are all of a sudden ushered into the leadership in-club. Yuk! It's just pathetic and

- Lenny Bruce

April 12, 2010 01:47PM
been there, done that...still held captive, but my spirit is getting freer and freer!

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
April 12, 2010 07:59PM
SquishPhoebe!

Tell us about it?

- Lenny Bruce
April 13, 2010 10:12PM
(Quote from the Big Quaka)

"They do it in the name of "protecting us from ourselves" because after all; the heart is deceitful and wicked, and therefore we cannot be trusted unless we are leadership, so the leadership can save us from our failures...by not letting us do anything"

(End quaka)

Man I thought I recognised that wording from somewhere, then again it cant be the one I'm thinking of else I would be taking scripture out of context. Sorry - i'm not a teacher just a servant trying to understand how things work in the 'marketplace'

I forgot also what sound ducks make but googled it and found a great place for sounds, but not duck's. Roosters, and Turkeys I thought would be great, there was also plenty of Sheeps sounds too, like "baaa" and "baaaaarrrrr" and "baaaaauuuurrrpp",
Onyx ol boy mabe you could add them to the smilies for "special effects" as some people cant spell or use big words sometimes?

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost