Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Not a competition

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Not a competition
March 13, 2010 01:41AM
I was musing today, as I mowed the lawns, about how everything in religion is staged as a competition. You are not as spiritual as the guy up the front. For that matter you are not as spiritual as the guy next to you. You need to try harder, move faster, tithe more, give more of time and money, be bigger smarter stronger richer more-attractive...you get the picture.

But IF you are feeling like you have to compete, IF you are feeling small , insignificant, poor, frumpy, plain, and just not with it, then please check where that comparison is coming from. Papa does not call us to compete with one another. It's not a race to him, not a competition. He just wants us AS WE ARE. And he can shape and mould us much better without the corrupting influence of the world (religion's pressure too!).

When I have examined a lot of my depression, it was because I was busily trying to compare myself to what I saw of someone else's life, trying to compete with a shadow. And of course I could never win. Thanks be to my loving Father that I don't have to look at others, I can be me, be free, and love him unfettered!

Rejoice, for Christ is in you, and He doesn't make rubbish!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Not a competition
March 13, 2010 02:07AM
Haha good one

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
Re: Not a competition
March 13, 2010 02:09AM
Nice One

I can think of many a young man "busy" for God and really "getting places" ... that fit this description and yet fail dismally as really careing what is happening to peoples lives. They know how to "Do" things because it's taught in 'house' ... "this is what is expected of you".

This is not a relationship of love this is a 'program' to be worked!

SoapBox
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost