Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Off to the Races

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Off to the Races
March 06, 2010 04:25AM
Today we went as a family to the horse racing. It was something new for us all, and we went because it was an Art Deco day :- chance to dress up, and there was a low entry fee for us, and free for the kids.

It was a fun day, although the weather turned foul. Wifey and eldest girl had worked really hard making the costumes for us to wear...we looked like Deco-era horsey people!

Funny too that when in the religious institution, we would never have considered it, as the gambling that takes place there makes it a "den of iniquity".

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

Re: Off to the Races
March 06, 2010 02:10PM
Onyx, your children are beautiful. Truly gifts from God. Did they enjoy the races? To them it was getting to see the horses not the other things that take place. We all need to try to see the world through a child's eyes a must be like seeing it through God's eyes.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
March 06, 2010 02:49PM
Oh Onyx, they look so cute and those poses are right out of the 30's! All they needed was riding crops! Did you & Wifey dress up too?
March 06, 2010 07:49PM
Thanks guys! Yep we dressed up too, looking just like them! Unfortunately we didn't get a photo of all of us together sad smiley

- Lenny Bruce
March 08, 2010 05:01PM
fun stuff, they'll have fond memories of family outings like that for years. Cute kids, nice to see they all have hair. smiling smiley
March 16, 2010 08:59AM
zinger
fun stuff, they'll have fond memories of family outings like that for years. Cute kids, nice to see they all have hair. smiling smiley
Yep, and lots of it...a client asked me today, "Why is it that your kids have lovely golden curls, and you have no hair at all?" HmmmmI don't knowLaughing

They are four little blessings that I am very proud of, and I like to feel that way, because I know that Papa feels that way about me (and you!) too! They are all very smart, like their Mummy, the girls are beautiful, the boys are cute. And I am loving watching them grow up...realising that life here is so short!

- Lenny Bruce
March 19, 2010 05:03PM
Yah I have two, great kids one a teenager and the other almost. They grow so fast, and are fun amazing , challenging, smart, and frusturating all roled into one. Hey Onyx are you on facebook, would love to link up there as well. Have a great weekend.

Jon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost