Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Bonfire

Posted by Anonymous User 
Recent Messages
Anonymous User
Bonfire
November 17, 2009 03:19AM
I just passed a major milestone in my God Journey. After months of thought and weighing options, I have decided to burn my journals. Tonight was the big bonfire. I cried as I watched my writings from 35 years go up in flames. (The world will just have to live without the book I could have written.( j/k )
There was a lot of good writing in those journals though. Only problem is, there was so much negative, painful expression mixed in with it. I definitely felt Papa saying to burn it, not to try wading through all of that to salvage the good thoughts. It would spin me back into a huge depression. If I undertook the huge task of sorting through all of that, I would have been doing it in my own strength. Scary thought. It was time to let it go. I hate to think of the hurt that would have been caused if I were to die and my loved ones found and read that stuff. I am feeling peace and relief tonight. It was a cleansing and I think some real soul ties to my past hurts were severed. Praise God.
Re: Bonfire
November 17, 2009 04:08AM
Wow, Phoebe, that was brave.
Angel Hug
May you continue to live with that peace and have no regrets.
Re: Bonfire
November 17, 2009 04:19AM
Excellent Phoebe! That you listen to the still small voice and follow him; that is the important part. And he knows what is best for you, and has given you the peace of his spirit. Blessings upon you!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost