Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

I KNOW it was God. (period)

Posted by Theresa7 
Recent Messages
I KNOW it was God. (period)
March 12, 2011 03:45AM
Have you ever heard or felt something that you KNEW was God (and you still believe it)?

One time (about 4 years ago), I was rearranging the living room in my head. Wondering if a certain arrangement would fit, I decided to ask Papa -- He should know, right? He said, "Hmmm... Let's find out!" :-)
I said (in my head) with my proverbial tongue in my proverbial cheek, "Are you limiting yourself in order to BE with me?"
He said, "I always limit myself in order to BE with you." Crying for Joy

Another time (about 12 years ago), I was contemplating helping out with the youth group. I was sitting on the swings really stressing about my lack of experience....
I said, "God, I feel so inadequate in this area."
He said, "You're inadequate in every area."

It's funny, but both of these experiences made me feel SO incredibly LOVED and CARED for. It wasn't the least bit offensive, although some could read it that way. It was actually freeing to hear the God of the universe see my frailty and my inadequacy and for him to be okay with me. Very cool.
Re: I KNOW it was God. (period)
March 12, 2011 04:36PM
I know, T!!!! RIght? i've had these times too. very cool they are.

I'm going to tell one, but it's kinda embarrassing, but I don't care.

Several years ago I was reading the Harry Potter books and really into them. I was having another of my abdominal pain episodes and was lying on the bed going "Gahhh this hurts", when I suddenly let out this enormous.......uh..........amount of gas and into my head came Papa's voice with a twinkle, saying "Expelliarmus!"

It was the coolest thing in the universe to share a very personal joke with my Papa.

(always wanted to be able to use this smiley)
March 12, 2011 10:16PM
My main one was about 18 months ago just after my wife had left, I hadn't really thought about god for years, I was on my bed just crying and thinking this is the lowest point or place in my life I have ever been at. I clearly in my head heard god say "I know, but I'm still here".

I have to say without that voice I would have felt abandoned by god aswell and would not have considered reading the book my mum had given me 'the shack' and the relationship I now had with dad I now have.
March 12, 2011 11:01PM
J, can you still call up that voice and hear it just as you did then? it sounds like you can. i would think that would keep you going on lots of days, recalling that voice and what he said.

how loving of Papa to give us these words.
March 12, 2011 11:16PM
Less of a direct voice in my head more of a clearer connection between nature, human interaction and gods love, I can feel the landlords hand on my shoulder and a simple how are you doing and can clearly hear dads voice
March 12, 2011 11:29PM
Nice one J, thanks for sharing that.

LH
March 13, 2011 08:39PM
I've had several moments over my life where I'm pretty sure that it was father. And this coming from one who is more likely to be skeptical or a doubter by nature.
Just recently we had to make a decision as a family to put our beloved family pet sam to sleep. He was a King Charles Spaniel/Poodle cross. He was a wonderful, playful loving pup and for 18 months, everything seemed normal and healthy...
Then one day that none of us will forget, he flopped onto his side and started to convulse and twitched and shake uncontrollably. This rocked our world and our children's especially. We fought hard (my wife is a health care professional) to get the right balance of medication and diet to stablize him, but the best we could ever do was get the frequency of the seizures to 15- 20 days. Jess faithfully charted his progress and his diet and medication and everytime he made it too 15 days we wondered if this was going to be the time that' we got it' This battle lasted for over 1 and half years, and was quite the commitment for the family as we had to be home to give Sam his med's twice daily at the same time. It was so good for our family and taught us so much about caring for somethng so broken( apparently one of the reasons that Sam's breed have seizures is that they are bred to look a certain way and in the process the brain box(skull) is too small for the brain and can leed to seizures.
Then just 5 or 6 weeks ago Sam crashed and started to have multiple seizures a day, Jess and I knew that this was the end, but we gave one final attempt to stablize him, and it worked temporily then a week or so later, he started to have multiple seizures again, so we made the decision to have Sam put to sleep. My daughter Aniela, wrote a poem in memory of Sam.
But very early on in the process maybe 2nd or 3rd seizure I remember so clearly Father saying to me as I was holdling him and feeling a depth of compassion for Sam to the core of my being, "and do you think that I have any less compassion for you when you are broken as well", it just nailed me to the core. We called Sam our parable dog. We miss him, but will always be glad for the time we had with him as well.
SamsTribute.doc
March 13, 2011 09:01PM
Great story, Jon. Sorry for your loss.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
March 14, 2011 02:25AM
I'm sad for your loss too, Jon. But glad for all that having Sam taught you about love and being broken. Big Hug!
March 19, 2011 11:07AM
Thanks for sharing your heart. The poem was super -- laughed and cried.
Oh, How great is his love for us.
March 26, 2011 11:42PM
Reminds me Jon the time I was looking for one of cats when I was around 18yrs. My parents where away and when I come home one of the cats was found in obvious pain and was going around in circles. I could only think of taking it on my motorcycle to the vet (ever tried to carry a box on a MC tank with a cat whalling!)
Sadly the poor animal had been hit by a car and the vet could not do much. I loved that cat. It went to sleep a few nights later. I dunno which I missed more, my cat passing away like that or my parents being away and not with me at the time?

"He will never leave you or forsake you" John 14:18-24

One who stays close.

LH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 11:44PM by Lionhearted.
October 22, 2011 01:44AM
Wow - these stories bring me to tears.

I have a couple of my own where I KNOW God spoke to me...

1) Somebody had been giving me a hard time and really bringing me down, to the point where I was feeling like I hated them, and simply could not pray for them at all. I was crying and feeling hurt and do you know what He said.....? "Pray for those who persecute you!" Yeeeeek! I was firmly, but lovingly put in my place. But because of what was said, I know, that I know it was Him cause I would never have come up with that on my own.

2) We were living in Springhill, Florida, (remember, I am a kiwi) and staying/living with some wonderful friends we had made. I was about three months pregnant. Mark was in Miami working with the US Army bringing in aid to the victims of Hurricane Andrew, while I was at 'home' with Tom and Cathy. I had been in my room listening to my christian music, but needed to go to the bathroom. I was also having a 'pity party' because although I loved Tom and Cathy with all my heart, I was miffed that I didn't have my own home (we had sold ours in NZ), and my unborn child wouldn't have a room of his own blah blah blah. Basically, feeling VERY sorry for myself. Anyhow, as I entered the bathroom, I had a 'vision' - I sensed/saw Mary/Miriam BEHIND Jesus.... and she said.........

............ "My Son was born in a stable'

Talk about being put in my place!! But it was so loving and gentle and kind. I know what I know, I know it was them. It still brings me to tears and helps keep things in perspective for me.
October 29, 2011 05:16PM
Very cool. Amazing how God can speak such "re-proofs", but we feel the love and are encouraged.

Yep, that's Him. Thanks, Papa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 05:17PM by Theresa7.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost