Recent Messages
Can you talk to Him about anything?
September 19, 2009 01:53AM
Can you talk to Papa about anything?

Is there anything off limits?

Hope you all are well .

Re: Can you talk to Him about anything?
September 27, 2009 09:28PM
I believe I can talk to him about anything because he knows everything about me. Sometime I can't admit that to myself. It is hard to go from a human relationship with someone where you have to be guarded to a relationship where everything is known.
September 27, 2009 11:41PM
The thing that was liberating for me was when I talked to Him once about sex and no lightning bolts hit me. *giggle*

Also when I was really ANGRY at him Snotted and said so, even with cuss words. And he was ok with it, but I don't want to make a regular thing of it.
September 27, 2009 11:48PM
Ya know, what really messes with my head, is not so much " can I talk with him about anything", but how about anywhere? (Thinking of the little room here- a private place where it kinda feels weird to be talking to him when I don't talk to others in there)

But Papa made us all, every part of us, and knows everything about us, so there is nothing base or disgusting to him. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Good to have you here, dogwoodflwr!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
September 30, 2009 10:04PM
Absolutely we can! I think we forget God knows more about us and everything else than we do, so e understands. ( especially about things like sex, when we think about God as religious then we think he wouldn't tolerate things like that. But if we see him as the God that made it all, sex included, I think we'll understand that He wants us to come to Him.
October 01, 2009 11:45AM
Yes, exactly, BrownEyedGirl! Why is it that these things are seen as "dirty" and "sinful", such that we put God into our box, and say that he doesn't want to know about them?

Of course he wants to know! He loves us, he wants to know about everything that concerns us; not for the sake of knowing about that thing, but more for the sake of the development of our trust for Him in relationship.

Just as my child brings something small and beautiful to me, with wonder in their eyes, and says, "Look, Daddy!", I could turn them away with a harsh word, and tell them to stop bothering me, or I could sweep them up, and actually be interested in what it is they have to show me (regardless of how many times I've seen that thing). It's obvious which is the loving response, the response that Papa shows us...all we have to do is take it to him and say, "Look, Daddy!"

So we should actively resist that which seeks to make out anything that Papa created to be "dirty" or "sinful", because it's precisely those lies that seek to remove us from experiencing his wonderful love.

- Lenny Bruce
October 01, 2009 02:22PM
indeed "to the pure all things are pure" and God is no exception .

Hope you all are well .

October 02, 2009 12:28AM
Applause
This is great! Yes, I talk to Him about every little thing and I mean every thing! And Oh My Gosh, I love it! And anywhere, maybe not out loud, like when I'm walking down the aisle at Wal Mart but sometimes I do whisper to Him. *giggle*
October 04, 2009 10:19PM
You too?! smiling smiley yepp! Guilty there! It's fun! winking smiley I think,....I know that some people won't believe this but Papa and I even have some private jokes..smiling smiley LOL! Seems silly but it happens remind me that he gets down on our level. and he actually cares about things we care about,..and is always IS exactly what you need. If you have a quiet and serious personality then He gets in that space with you. For me,..I'm a creative, fun-loving, silly and love to laugh kind of person..and he gets into it with me. Gives me ideas for paintings and my other creative outlets, makes me laugh ( especially at myself), gives me company when I have no oe around me..which is not often though. smiling smiley
October 05, 2009 12:23AM
BrownEyedGirl
You too?! smiling smiley yepp! Guilty there! It's fun! winking smiley I think,....I know that some people won't believe this but Papa and I even have some private jokes..smiling smiley LOL! Seems silly but it happens remind me that he gets down on our level. and he actually cares about things we care about,..and is always IS exactly what you need. If you have a quiet and serious personality then He gets in that space with you. For me,..I'm a creative, fun-loving, silly and love to laugh kind of person..and he gets into it with me. Gives me ideas for paintings and my other creative outlets, makes me laugh ( especially at myself), gives me company when I have no oe around me..which is not often though. smiling smiley
It sounds like you have an awesome relationship with Papa! Happy Dance I love how he meets each one of us at our level, He doesn't have to stoop down to our position, yet He humbled himself for our sakes! WOW, the creator of the universe cares for me!!!!! grinning smiley

- Lenny Bruce
October 15, 2009 09:48PM
Yeah, I know! Times when I feel the Enemy whispering in my ear thingss like " How on earth do you think you have a good relationship with God?" You rarely read your bible, you on't sit down and "intentionally pray,...etc" You're completely deluded to think that." But I hear my Father's voice overcome those thoughts of guilt and obligation, and He says " Hey, don't listen to that guy, we talk alot ( remember prayer isn't giving my your laundry list of worries and concerns) and you do hear from me,...it's ok that it's not often from the bible you hear things from me which is better, and if I ask you to grab your bible, and I want to tell you something from there you are are scrambling to find a bible so you can hear what I want to say to you. You're are just fine, my child,...you're coming along well! " smiling smiley of course this isn't without some hugs! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost