Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Do you Trust Him?

Posted by Michael Collum 
Recent Messages
Do you Trust Him?
September 19, 2009 01:48AM
(Jewish Prophet)Ezekiel 33:32-33

32 Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice.

33 "When all this comes true—and it surely will—then they will know that a prophet has been among them."

(Christian New Covenant) James 2:14-19

14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

(Qu'ran) Baqara 2:14

14. When they meet those who believe,
They say: "We believe;"
But when they are alone
With their evil ones,
They say: "We are really with you:
We (were) only jesting."

From Aladdin: Do you trust me?

The point of all the above media is the bring to your mind the question:

Do you really trust God?

And what does trust or faith mean to you?

May self reflection direct the discussion .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2009 01:56AM by Michael Collum.
Re: Do you Trust Him?grinning smiley
September 20, 2009 08:25AM
If trust is a dependence upon Papa for my daily needs, ie "Give us this day our daily bread", then NO, to be honest I don't TRUST HIM, as I keep trying to provide for myself and my family, in my strength.

Yet He waits patiently by, waiting for me to ask Him for the help He so wants to give. Father, remind me daily of my need for you!

If faith is being sure of what is unseen, then in a way, yes I have that faith...but putting that trust and faith together, there's the trick winking smiley

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Do you Trust Him?
December 06, 2009 02:31AM
Finally admitting (2 years ago) that after 30 years of "devotion", I did NOT trust him -- not really -- was HARD.
But it meant that I could finally let go of my pretense and posturing and .... actually begin to trust him.
What I mean is... when I was pretending that I had faith, I had no faith -- I did not believe he would accept me and love me in all my raw realness.

So, when I gave up the mask of faith, it was like letting him finally take the wheel, falling backward and saying "If you catch me, you catch me. If not, then I'm dead anyway."
If I don't believe he loves me and that he will have grace for me in my broken state, then how can I have a relationship with him -- how can I ever have real faith. So, for me, faith starts here.

Like Indy-Steve, "still learning"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost