Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Looking for Love in all the Right Places

Posted by C Shell 
Recent Messages
Looking for Love in all the Right Places
December 24, 2009 06:41PM
I want to propose an idea. You-all will not hurt my feelings if you say Barf to it.

I've been wanting to read the Bible with the purpose of LOOKING FOR LOVE in every book, chapter & verse and especially between the lines. And I thought it would be more fun to do it with other people. While I was thinking about this, Toni posted her thread about reading the Bible (coincidence?) and Darin Hufford posted a MOST excellent blog entry which you can read here and I hope you will: Marrying Yourself to God-is-Love (another coincidence? i think not!)

So my idea is that for the month of January, I and anyone who wants to join me, would read a chapter in the book of Mark every other day. We would wear our "love lenses" and ask Papa to show us his love in that chapter. Any thoughts, comments, questions, insights, we could post here. We would take 2 days on each chapter. Anyone could jump in at any time, skip days, jump back out when 3D world gets busy -- there's no way you have to commit to every day in the month. In fact, seeing as how us out-of-boxers dislike structure, I want to emphasize there's none here. I would not be "leading"; anybody can just post something. I would probably be there to remind us what chapter we're on that day.

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2009 03:32PM by C Shell.
Re: Looking for Love in all the Right Places
December 24, 2009 08:39PM
Sound like a great way to start the new year and decade. Papa is working in us all.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
December 25, 2009 12:35AM
[freebelievers.com]

i guess its an okay article .

the emphasis of the OT parts kinda made it boring for me . but i think he made it through a long bunch of thoughts in a generally okay fashion . i go a bit farther than what he's talking about . i just go with Colossians and the written code being cancelled and just going with grace and the new nature . much simpler .

Hope you all are well .

December 25, 2009 12:36AM
Sometimes it seems like angels were acting on God's behalf much in the way we go forth "in Jesus name" today . so misunderstandings are inevitable .

Hope you all are well .

December 25, 2009 12:37AM
Merry Christmas Y'all

Hope you all are well .

December 25, 2009 03:37AM
and to you dear Michael XXOOBig Hug!
December 25, 2009 08:41AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! Enjoyed a hot day at the in-law's home, seeing kids enjoy the goodies. Ate much less than traditionally, and drank less alcohol too grinning smiley Hope you all can enjoy time with family!

Michael Collum
Sometimes it seems like angels were acting on God's behalf much in the way we go forth "in Jesus name" today . so misunderstandings are inevitable .

That's an interesting take on things, Michael! So you are saying that the angels could have acted without specific orders...or too harshly? If that were the case, then why didn't God intervene at that point? It's a really interesting topic...and one I have trouble getting my head around too...despite Darin's blog, which although explaining some of the WHAT ABOUTs, doesn't cover anywhere near all of them for me. I am looking forward to ripping apart scripture with you all...see if we can find the gold vein of love amongst all that hard rock.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
December 25, 2009 01:09PM
I love the idea of reading through Mark together and looking for love. This is super!

As someone who has been leery of the Bible for some time, I WANT to give this a try. (Not sure how long I'll make it, and will definitely appreciate the reminder about the current chapter.)

Thanks, C-Shell!! ;-)
December 25, 2009 01:36PM
onyx
Merry Christmas to everyone! Enjoyed a hot day at the in-law's home, seeing kids enjoy the goodies. Ate much less than traditionally, and drank less alcohol too grinning smiley Hope you all can enjoy time with family!

Michael Collum

That's an interesting take on things, Michael! So you are saying that the angels could have acted without specific orders...or too harshly? If that were the case, then why didn't God intervene at that point? It's a really interesting topic...and one I have trouble getting my head around too...despite Darin's blog, which although explaining some of the WHAT ABOUTs, doesn't cover anywhere near all of them for me. I am looking forward to ripping apart scripture with you all...see if we can find the gold vein of love amongst all that hard rock.

Well, its like this . God didn't want to destroy them just by being around in raw form so sent angels to do the work until the messiah could be born . the voice of God in the old testament is really an angel God sent before them . And angels just don't mess around i guess . "The" angel of the lord is a commonly studied theme of the pre-incarnate christ . but that just shows the authority this one angel had during that time period . and probably still has to some extent today .

Hope you all are well .

December 25, 2009 01:38PM
But gospel of mark might be fun and since it has some tangential stuff in it , its good to study it in a group .

Hope you all are well .

December 27, 2009 03:03PM
I'd like to try this with you all.

Like Theresa, I've felt wary of the bible for a while, and the thought of "doing a bible study" and generally any kind of group dynamics freaks me out, but I think you folks all understand that.

Looking forward to us giving it a go! smiling smiley

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings...
Ps. 17:8
December 27, 2009 03:28PM
glomp sigh. Feeling understood. sigh. Yeah
December 27, 2009 03:42PM
Okey dokey, we'll see how it goes.

I'm really not into making this a "bible study", I'm into looking for God's love and saying to my friends, "Hey! Look! Here's some under this rock over here!" and having my friends say, "Yeah, and look over here, we just spotted some more!" and we admire his love together and then it grows bigger.

something like that.

Coming Jan. 1 to a Papa's Home Near You! Looking For Love in Mark!
Anonymous User
December 27, 2009 07:03PM
I like it. And the more we seek, the more we will find.
Looking at the gospel of Mark together does not make us another institution. It is like a group hug.Group Hug We are together in purpose and together in our hunger for more of Papa.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost