Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Mormons giving up religion?

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Mormons giving up religion?
October 16, 2012 03:38AM
Wow, just found a fascinating account of a Mormon family giving up on religion. The Pearce family has a lot to say about their reasoning, and a very interesting read here.

I never thought too much about other faiths fleeing as well, and didn't know too much about the LDS church except what the cult info said. This is very eye-opening!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2012 04:38AM by onyx.
Re: Mormons giving up religion?
October 16, 2012 09:26AM
Oh it's Mormons! Misread it at first
February 02, 2013 11:03PM
Yeh Very Good - some reading though! smiling smiley
May 04, 2013 10:15PM
Will have to check this out. You know, as a very troubled child of 13, with my life falling apart, I was desperately looking for God, so joined the Mormon church.

This last couple of years I met a very talented artist who is a mormon (also Jewish) and she has been very much balking and countering a lot of the dogma of the church. I have mostly been listening and encouraging here because of the issues she has been going through (an older foster child ended up abusing her younger children, including a disabled one). So I haven't spent much time "evangelizing", heh, like I would. But I have a feeling that she is just going to bust out of that religion.... She has too much heart, too much wisdom to be contained.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost