Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Prayer for my dad & family

Posted by zinger 
Recent Messages
Prayer for my dad & family
April 10, 2012 04:57AM
Hey Guys,

Just a quick drop by and shout out to you guys. Would value your prayers over the next while, my dad is failing and has very litttle time left this physical realm. He's 91 and has a good life, he's a beliver quite a conservative fundamentalist and to say that we haven't seen eye to eye on some things is an understatement. I'm not looking forward to the family mix which can be incredibly toxic and negative, I have had to limit my exposure to it over the last few years. There is such a religious piousness which drives me crazy. Praryer for strength for me and papa's presence with my family over the next few days. Thx guys you are all amazing.
Re: Prayer for my dad & family
April 10, 2012 05:36AM
Papa, please strengthen zinger so that innuendos, barbs, and anything that would set itself up to undermine him, falls off him like water off a duck's back. Better still, prevent them from coming at him at all. May he have contentment on the inside and be able to look back on this time without regrets.
April 10, 2012 03:18PM
My dad passed away peacefully in his sleep early this morning. He will be missed, and is home out of his broken mind and body, experiencing things we can't begin to imagine. Would appreciate your ongoing prayers. Thanks Jon
April 10, 2012 08:51PM
Praying Lifting up you and your family, bro'. Hugs to you all.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
April 10, 2012 11:56PM
And one more thing to add into the mix. One of my best friends had what they think is a stroke today. He's in emerge and has had a MRI. Its strange it makes my loss less important, I'm far more concerned about my friend Scott now. Strange days indeed. TThanks for your prayers and kindess. Hugs back.
April 11, 2012 04:08PM
Papa, Thank you for your everpresent Peace. Thank you for care for us. Help Jon's fam and friends to see your love working in and through him. Help Jon, his fam, Scott, and his fam to trust and rest in your care for each of them as they weather these times individually and corporately with you.
Blessings and Hugs to you and yours, Jon!
April 11, 2012 04:09PM
(((((((Jon))))))), I'm sorry about your dad and your friend Scott. You are going through a rough emotional time, and I'm praying for you.
April 12, 2012 05:26AM
Hey thanks Shell. My dad passed away yesterday am. Will be drivinghome (7.5hr) drive tomorrow. Would appreciate prayers for myself and myfamily.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost