Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Wayne's world

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
Wayne's world
February 22, 2012 10:59PM
Wayne's world 

I hear some of you are meeting Wayne Jacobsen soon in NZ I really hope it is a good time, I met him and his wife a couple of years ago they are both very nice and giving.

So my question for you is have you thought why you want to meet him, what questions you want to ask, and what answers you hope for.

Just might be a useful thread to start you thinking.
Re: Wayne's world
February 23, 2012 12:08AM
Good idea J(uk).

Have been wondering how to prepare.

In the end I am just looking forward to live conversation, and 'connecting'.

It would be good if all the people from all the places that Wayne visited in NZ could get together in more of a communal way in the future as a result too.
February 23, 2012 12:23AM
Don't you know each other already!!!!
February 23, 2012 01:15AM
I had been having a thunk about this. Actually I'd much prefer it if my friends from PH could come over...but oh well, Wayne will do winking smiley

I want to dissect him like a frog grinning smiley and find out what makes him tick. But that is probably because I am a technician that has to pull things apart to see how they work. I'll let you know what his entrails say Rofl

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
February 23, 2012 03:29AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEk!!! Don't panic me.... hubby and I will have him by ourselves for two hours in the car. (We are bringing him north from his more southern venue).

Actually - I don't have any questions... just looking forward to enjoying both journeys.

I will be good for me, as I'm not a natural conversationalist. However, hubby is great at this. It will help that we have lived in California - but anywho.... when two or three are gathered together in His name........

I'm hoping that Wayne's presence in NZ will be a catalyst in bring people from all over NZ together. I'll leave it to Papa to work out the fine details.

Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited
February 23, 2012 04:18AM
That's awesome everyone! I just received an Email recently from a close friend wanting to know if I'd come to a BBQ at his home if Wayne came out to our neck of the woods. I do have a cool "Wayne's World" picture but must maintain my recent posting sobriety commitment. smileys with beer

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ
and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 2Corinthians 5:18 NIV
February 23, 2012 06:15AM
After a bit more thought today, the questions I would ask Wayne would be questions that I would pose here, as I see that we are all still on this journey, with no one having 'arrived'.

They might be:

If you no longer ascribe to the 'doctrine' 'creed' or defined beliefs of an IC, and are 'working out your own relationship' how do you stay on the straight and narrow instead of being 'taken in' by extremes of liberal christianity? How do you counter others thinking that you have your own 'religion' and have gone off the rails?

How do we know that believing in God is anything more than a psychological ideology?

Tell me again, is the bible infallible, inerrant, to be taken literally; or is it His story so that we get to know His nature; or something in between? Can we 'stand on the promises' or are they taken out of context these days?

If faith and values are caught and not taught how do we pass 'freedom outside the box' onto our children? What 'biblical' values are key? What is it that we do believe?

Is there a mandate for formal marriage or is God really not all that worried?

Do we really have no 'purpose' than just to live however we please and enjoy this life as much as we are able amidst the degeneration and hardship that a fallen world provides? Why did God let humanity get this way, and then have us live here? Why is it that the enemy is the principality over the earth still? Isn't God big enough to kick his fat hairy butt?

.... still thinking
February 23, 2012 10:45PM
Hey sister

make sure if you don't get to ask those at my house, that you ask in your travels to Roto-vegas, AND make sure you record the journey - have a van-podcast *giggle*
February 24, 2012 03:28AM
Hey all, we hosted him a few years back. Just relax he's just a dude on a journey He's incredibly easy to host in a home and is pretty funny with a slightly irreverent sence of humour. No surprises when you host him. Boy I must confess I feel more like the failed liberal prodigal these days, I'd have some interesting questions for sure. Good for you guys enjoy the visit with Wayne, you'll like him. smiling smiley
February 24, 2012 07:20AM
Zinger: please excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'failed liberal prodigal'? And why do you feel that you need that label?? Over My Head

- Lenny Bruce
March 13, 2012 03:52AM
Well, I spent last night at a gathering with Wayne and a bunch of other believers that I didn't know about from this area. Awesome time, awesome dessert. Thanks, Ricy, for organising it!

Than at 7am I bundled Wayne into my van and drove him 3 hours north, to Rotorua, with my eldest daughter in the van too. It was a great chance to get to know him, and learn what makes him tick. I was super impressed with this man's humility and wisdom. He is doing well in taking on the image of his Father. Wayne also let me know some stuff in regard to what is happening in his ministries ... but I will let you guys watch what is happening for yourself Yeah

- Lenny Bruce
March 14, 2012 01:12AM
Cheers onyx that's like saying picked up nelson mandela hitch hiking seemed like a nice bloke
March 14, 2012 03:30AM
Onyx - you are welcome. Glad you enjoyed the dessert and the company.

It looks like you had a similar conversation to Wayne as we did.

Good to see you arrived home safely
March 16, 2012 05:06AM
onyx
Well, I spent last night at a gathering with Wayne and a bunch of other believers that I didn't know about from this area. Awesome time, awesome dessert. Thanks, Ricy, for organising it!

Than at 7am I bundled Wayne into my van and drove him 3 hours north, to Rotorua, with my eldest daughter in the van too. It was a great chance to get to know him, and learn what makes him tick. I was super impressed with this man's humility and wisdom. He is doing well in taking on the image of his Father. Wayne also let me know some stuff in regard to what is happening in his ministries ... but I will let you guys watch what is happening for yourself Yeah

Thank you Onyx!

What’s Next?

Find Out Here:
[lifestream.org]

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ
and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 2Corinthians 5:18 NIV

March 26, 2012 05:26AM
Hey guys, sorry for the absence....... I was wondering if you all would meet with Wayne, and SO GLAD that you did. He came to Alaska about the time "The Shack" was coming out, and some of my friends and I met with him a couple times. Yes, he is just an ordinary guy, with a big heart. It's not about questions to ask him so much as just enjoying the conversations.
April 02, 2012 09:06AM
No need to apologise, Heather!! You have a life to lead smiling smiley How's Sidney looking after you?

- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost