Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Busy doing nothing

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
Busy doing nothing
August 11, 2011 08:30PM
Im just wondering and not making judgement in anyway but are people busy in a way that connects with god or busy in a way that creates the illusion that life is going on successfully without the need to touch base with dad.

Back in the day, there was a day when without thought we came together and focused on god, whether that became religion or just routine in a way it was there.

God can be in the busyness, and that's cool but I would love to hear what he's doing or saying.
Re: Busy doing nothing
August 12, 2011 10:35PM
What a great question. J, this is one of the many reasons I love you Big Hug!

You are right, we did used to come together without thought. I remember those days as going through the motions, auto-pilot, because I was "in the church" and that is what you did.

At my mom's church which , really has a cool pastor, he asks every sunday for "God Sightings". And members of the congregation take the mike and tell of places during their week where they saw God, or felt him touch, or heard him in the wind or....

so it sounds like you're asking us to tell of our God Sightings?
August 13, 2011 04:27PM
Shelley
Yes God sightings God thoughts, doubts discussions, the day to day stuff of living in Gods presence that often gets missed unless you stop to think and share it.

My brother in law posted a while back on fb a story about a woman who needed to catch a train to visit her son in hospital but found she had lost her purse but a complete stranger bought her a ticket, my bro in law asked was it an angel? My response was why do we look for angels when God can use all of his creation to show us his love.

In my time of loneliness god has placed people around me, a wonderful Internet family of believers and questioners a bunch of real people, who I would never approached before. Drunks, druggies, ex tramps you name it, but they have adopted me drawn me in shown me real love. Next weekend we are all going camping together, at a festival, I am going down a day late, but they are offering to take my stuff down save me a pitch and to look out for me when I arrive.

I know it's simple things but like being greeted with warmth when they see me really demonstrates gods love
August 13, 2011 11:34PM
Head Bang against my work at the moment. I am struggling with dysthymia and an inability to get my brain ordered. Decisions are a terrible struggle. Multi-tasking in even the thinking is nigh on impossible. Very frustrated. Anyhoo... blessings upon you all! I am looking forward to hearing about Sidney's success.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
August 14, 2011 12:36AM
Onyx you are not the only one. My Tim is going through the same thing. He just said to me, "he must know about the dark night." Just him knowing there's someone else, that makes it easier for him.

j, a tear to my eye, as I read about the folks who are looking out for you.

WHAT IS CHURCH. what did Jesus mean, what did Peter mean, what did Paul mean? what was it like then? they didn't have the internet of course, but if they did, I think they would understand the understanding we have, those of us who have never met in person, yet love each other as if we are next door neighbors.

When people here , hear about my donating a kidney , they are all saying, 'why would you want to do something like that for someone you've never met?' they don't know about church yet. church is so outside those boxes, so outside those walls. You at papashome know what church is because you are living it. it's not just about bringing a casserole to Jane who's in your church. your church is everywhere. you can bring a casserole to the guy in the pub who's lost his job. that's church.

you can encourage someone online, and that's church. every one of you reading this, you have done this for me.
August 17, 2011 01:05AM
Life is just plain Busy..I mean wicked busy.

But as far as the God stuff..I'm just trying to find where I am and where to go next. Like U2 says..I still haven't found what I'm looking for. And for me that might be the way it's supposed to be.

I'm slowly regaining my courage back..I know I'm supposed to be busy in a certain task..just not yet and its not real clear yet.

Did a couple of Int'l group skypes on FBN..that was really cool..trying to reconnect.Maybe it's something like that. Don't know..

Hope everyone else is doing fine..Prayers Shelly..it's almost time..We're following along here in North Georgia.

Peace Jeff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2011 01:06AM by radio roswell.
August 17, 2011 05:55PM
August 21, 2011 07:02AM
Yeh ditto Here 2

Been helping a mate move house .... again... and he bought another (a big do upper - needs lots a tlc) but he said - "people cant get over the fact that i've had two houses in the time his wife left him" and the lords just blessing him so much. Sure it was hard - darn hard. Then again you dont find diamonds on the surface you have to dig for em.
Diamonds one of the hardest of all materials we know of - have seen em when there rough?

LH

Roughing it winking smiley

August 25, 2011 09:20PM
Church...It just isn't anything like I thought it was. I am seeing real Church...real body of Christ...in action in so many ways...here at Papa's Home, in Shelley and Heather's hospital rooms and lives, in the eagle chat from Hornby Island where we have a "spiritual chat room" where we meet from all over the world to pray and talk....Church is definitely not contained in four walls, no matter what brand they are. In the Hornby Island Chat, even though the camera's owner turned snarky on us, we have come together in so many ways to really love and support each other--wildlife rehab causes, cancer support and cheerleading, REAL interest in each others lives......CHURCH R US!!! I'm loving it. I am also beginning, just beginning to LIVE it.

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
August 25, 2011 09:34PM
Lionheart the best thing about what you wrote is that Jesus is interested in the rough diamonds, not just those who claim to be the finished article before they have had the rough edges off.

God give us all eyes to see the potential in all
August 28, 2011 07:25AM
Hi J - i did actually skype u to wish a happy Birthday - so Squish

Thanks dude.
I pray that the kids have learn't what rough diamonds are - sometimes I wonder... then I just pray that my Father reveals them and that they see what He see's?

Now where are my diamonds???

LH
(Old age and lions with glasses - What next!!)
September 05, 2011 01:56AM
Since May I have not attended church. I have gotten off the hamster wheel of busy-ness and performance based acceptance. I am really enjoying NOT being busy. I was also laid off my job in May. This summer has been one of rest and sabbatical for me. I am hoping and praying for a way to be able to stay at home and not look for another job. I am healing from severe depression and anxiety, and being set free to really find out who I am to myself and to God. Maybe at one time I started coming together with others for the right reasons, but it degenerated into a hamster wheel existence and I am glad to be free of it.

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
September 06, 2011 05:49AM
How wonderful to hear your good news, Rhea. Big Hug!
We will also pray that you may work from home!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost