Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

What the .....? Doh!

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
What the .....? Doh!
June 25, 2011 09:23AM
This image apparently from an old Irish Catholic schoolbook. Which one does God love best? Hmmmm

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2011 09:26AM by onyx.

grinning smileyRe: What the .....? Doh!
June 26, 2011 08:41AM
What the heck indeed..... maybe they have a form of 'spiritual myopia' like the players in this scenario below.....

Sister Mary Magdalene was working in the convent garden when she happened to hear workmen on the new two story construction site next door cussing and blaspheming fit to bust.....

So she said "Lord I will make some lunch put it in a brown paper bag (brown paper sack, for our American friends) and go and talk to these men". "By befriending them Lord, I may help them to see the error of their ways"

So Sister M M sorts her lunch out puts it in the brown paper bag/sack and trots across the road to see the men.

She walks up to them and says, "Do you men know Jesus Christ?" the men shake their heads looking rather nonplussed so the foreman shouts to the men above and says, "Do you guys know Jesus Christ?"

After asking around one of the men yells back, "No,..... why?"

"Well, said the foreman, his wife is down here with his lunch"............Halo
Re: grinning smileyRe: What the .....? Doh!
June 28, 2011 12:22AM
Laughing

- Lenny Bruce
Re: What the .....? Doh!
June 30, 2011 08:27PM
Oh man.......... by the looks of it my plants are going to hell ??

speaking of which....don't use your mind??? huh?? and this is an American Church ??...oxy moron alert..woot woot !

June 30, 2011 08:35PM
eye popping smiley yikes ... what on earth possessed them to make them think that thinking is of the devil ??? I just cannot fathom that one no matter how hard I try! I have to feel sorry for my American brothers and sisters if this is the way that even small parts of the nation are!!

- Lenny Bruce
June 30, 2011 10:24PM
Oh, there are LARGE parts of the nation like that, Onyx. Little pockets all over the place. For instance, perhaps you've heard of the Westboro Baptist Church, whose members travel to the funerals of soldiers killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, so that they might march outside the funeral home and cemetery with signs saying

and

They have this twisted belief that I don't really even get, something about God's judging our country because we, I don't know, don't make homosexuality illegal?, so the soldiers died because God punished them...or something? Here's an excerpt from their lovely website, godhatesfags.com:
Westboro Baptist Church
You know that God hates people and God sends people (not just their sins) to hell for eternity. Jesus Christ is God, and God does not change. You pimp this wimpy, milque toast "Jesus" who loves everyone and tolerates every manner of filth and idolatry your evil hearts can imagine. That is NOT the Christ of the Bible who was the greatest hell-fire and brimstone preacher who ever lived.
I admit, they're extreme, but there is a broader sense of fear and hatred coming out of "evangelical christians" all over the US that really upsets me.
June 30, 2011 10:40PM
we seek a sign Lord.....

Umm ok..ummm this obviously isn't it..
June 30, 2011 10:45PM
They have this twisted belief that I don't really even get, something about God's judging our country because we, I don't know, don't make homosexuality illegal?, so the soldiers died because God punished them...or something?

Form Cshell

You know Shelly...there was a guy on one of the forums I used to ( used to being the key word) frequent that directed me to a website in the middle of one of numerous debatesBoxer.. that kept a log of every bad thing like weather ( tornadoes , hurricanes , blizzards) financial etc..that happens to America when they don't go along with Israel..I kid you not...
July 01, 2011 12:07AM
Oh yes, I know Jeff, people really believe that hocus pocus, and I see no difference between that, and being afraid of black cats crossing your path or walking under ladders. Except not stepping on a crack because it might break your mother's back, doesn't spew hatred on anybody.
July 01, 2011 03:13AM
Brain Fart!

What a sick world, eh? They remind me of this clown:

"Hey, I've got a good idea...let's rally a whole lot of gullible people around the idea that everyone else is hated by God...then they will listen because they know they are the chosen few! They will do anything for us, even die!!"

- Lenny Bruce

July 01, 2011 10:59AM
Yeh, glad you brought him up, Onyx. Not only do we have a lot of outright, admitted Nazis in the US, but we have a lot more people who don't call themselves Nazis but live just like them, fearing and hating anyone who is not a white heterosexual "christian" American citizen. Same old same old. Here's my new favorite saying:

July 01, 2011 03:23PM
Shelley I think you hit ipark with your last comment. Fear. Fear is a dangerous thing. Fear of the unknown, fear of thoes different. Fear leads to hatred and hatred causes people to do ugly things. W it that superstiotious ideas seem less dangerous than these folk? Don't know but I think it has something to do with their view of the world and god. Just went for a drive with Jess last weekend and along the way passed a stretch of road where there was a Budhist Temple, a Sikh Temple a Mosques and a Muslim school, I don't think they would have enjoyed the drive too much.
July 01, 2011 06:55PM
AgreedYeah...that
I was thinking upon that very same thing last night...

FEAR

it's a big motivator, and it was what drove the people of Germany so long ago to commit the atrocities they did, just as it still drives people today. Fear of the unknown, fear of the different, fear of being left out and alone, fear of losing control and power over life, fear of being able to provide for the next generation...and on it goes.

For which I am always reminded of the words of Paul in 2 Timothy, "I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of timidity(FEAR), but of power and love and discipline."
So that spirit that inspires fear is NOT from God, but rather from the enemy that seeks to divide us all.Devil

This would also apply to us free believers in that we should be sure not to fear religion nor the religious, but rather to be powerful in love and self-discipline. Just as it applies to those in the box, that they should not fear us nor the freedom! But fear fear, as it is the root of division and religion requiring control.

/End sermon
Tomato

- Lenny Bruce
July 01, 2011 07:41PM
You guys, this is the best conversation. I love it. You know, one of the biggest FREEDOMS that I celebrate is freedom from the fears that I carried for so much of my life. You know, if you accidently swallow a watermelon seed, you are in BIG trouble. Or if you don't do this, or that.

One of the things that bothers me is my love of wildlife. I had a dear black bear mother last month come up on the second story deck of my house with her two cubs, and look through the screen at me. There we are looking at each other through the screen door. I had garden plants scattered all over the deck in various stages of hardening off to plant in the garden. Those bears were like little angels stepping over and around all the plants. They could have trashed them. My heart was so full to see them! And I gently spoke to them, "now you guys be very careful there..." and they calmly turned around and went down the stairs and back into the woods. WHAT A THRILL!!!!

But when I tell this story to others, what is the first thing that I hear? "OH!!!!! Weren't you afraid!!!!?" NO!!! That totally made my week!

But I remember as a child walking through the woods in N Idaho, seeing a stump and wondering if it was a bear. It didn't keep my out of the woods, but there was a lot of useless fear. Then of course, I got into religion and learned all about THE DEVIL and SIN!!!!!! And a very angry God. It is wonderful to be free from all that crap, and it's wonderful to be able to share the love of God and the beauty of His creation with you my friends. This, this indeed, is fellowship.
July 01, 2011 08:07PM
Rock on

- Lenny Bruce
July 01, 2011 08:17PM
I think it may be a useful thing for each of us to look at our lives like you just did, Heather, and examine the fears that we have/had, and thank God that he is dealing to them through that spirit of power and love. Luv

- Lenny Bruce
July 01, 2011 10:12PM
For me the fear I was sold mainly by my parents and church was to be fearful of sinners, they would corrupt lead me astray confuse and over my faith. It not only kept me in the box, but for a while even when out of the box I was conned into thinking that I should stay safe with Christian friends.

What I'm learning, and I'm learning loads is a) there's no point staying away from sinners because you can't escape yourself b) staying safe with just Christians is in part sharing in denial and creating them and us, creating fear, creating hierarchy c) you see more by being with people who don't see what you see, you don't have to agree with them, being sat with 4 blokes going sex sex sex sex does not make me think sex it makes me think love, relationships, and my misunderstandings of other beliefs religions is echoed by theirs of mine. D) seeing myself as one of them, the broken, the sinners, the loved the died for, whose to say that is not the church jesus' building
July 01, 2011 10:40PM
Well said J!
there's no point staying away from sinners because you can't escape yourself
The quote about replacing fear with curiousity fits here. Rather than keeping yourself apart from "sinners" (you know, those obvious ones like those in the pub talking about sex) what about being curious about them. Asking them about themselves, filling out your knowledge of them so that you don't have just a shallow cardboard cutout, but a fuller picture of them. Or just being curious about why people talk about sex so much, what does it show about our hearts, what does God want to say to me about sex?

I like this curiosity thing.
July 03, 2011 10:19AM
Hey Shell, dontcha know curiosity killed the cat? But it had another 8 lives left...so never noticed. winking smiley

Yeah good points J. And it's something I still grapple with even after being out of the club for years, but thankfully not so much. Because if you stop to listen to them, the heathens/pagans( yeh we had to give them a label in the club ) are actually just people with hopes and dreams and fears ... just like me. The only difference is that I know a God dude. And in fact, that God dude reckons that those people are my brothers and sisters too. So why wouldn't I love them? Why should I fear them? Is their evil bigger than my God?

Actually, the only half-real reason I can now see for avoiding others is that I don't want to infect them with the remains of any toxic religion in me!! May Papa continue to make me into the light to the world that he wants.

- Lenny Bruce
July 03, 2011 01:00PM
So much to think about. My 14 yr old daughter is starting to question all the things taught in the box and even if there is a God. I just let her say what is on her mind where as with my ex, she can't question because he is just getting deeper and deeper in the box. He is becoming like the people mentioned above.
He is making a big deal because she has chosen to spend her Sunday with friends not at church singing in the choir with him. I know that in the end she will find her way.

Happy Sunday

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
July 03, 2011 03:00PM
I think I may have posted this before but this is the perfect place for it..My cousin took this in North Carolina at a music arts festival..Notice the two other believers with the signs in front of the other Hell thumpers..the other sign says "We are Christians Too.." with the other " Were are so Sorry"...very creative counter protesting I thought.

July 03, 2011 03:19PM
Love that picture.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
July 03, 2011 06:56PM
Hey Andrew, I loved the comment about the only reason to separate from others is the fear that I might infect them with some remnants of any toxic religion in me. Nice made me smile. Happy!. You guys are the closest thing to spiritual family I have now and the conversations are amazing. Have a great day.
July 05, 2011 01:20AM
Hey Did anyone see the Jezreel News on a some young men in the Gaze Refugee camps?

They talked about war and lose of hope and although having finished Uni the long period of war and unrest had "broken the country". These young people could only find the basic of jobs if they were lucky (whatever luck is) like sweeping the roads or picking up rubbish. Then they discovered a Fun exercise program called "Parkcore" (Some might be scared!!)

This gave them a outlet for their energy. Although at one point they filmed the gate to the neighboring countries and wondered "if ever they would see the other side."
Each home in the "camp" housed minimum of 20 people! The kids played with cardboard boxes, tin cans anything they could find to have some "fun" with or kick around then "Parkcore" was showing signs of building momentum. They said it gave them hope to overcome the circumstances and belief in something that 'gave' them strength. They desperately wanted trainers but would make there own. They would climb aboard a trike with a small deck and go to locations that were a concern for families and police to practice, ideally where sand was for a soft landing or down to the beach.

(Parkour (sometimes abbreviated PK) is the non-competitive sport originating in France of traversing mainly urban landscapes by running, climbing and jumping. Participants run along a route, attempting to navigate obstacles in the most efficient way possible, using only their bodies. Skills such as vaulting, rolling, swinging and wall scaling are employed. Parkour can be practiced anywhere, but areas dense with obstacles are preferable and it is most commonly practiced in urban areas.)

Check out there videos on Youtube. The end part has a rapper but I cant make out what hes saying!! winking smiley

Hope - Lose - War - Refugee - Hate - Love - friendships all mixed in.

(Peace Out) as one would say.

LH

"I think it's really terrifying that a country based on the foundations and ideals of God, is now systematically removing God from everything!
Stephen Baldwin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost