Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Prince

Posted by Theresa7 
Recent Messages
Prince
April 16, 2011 03:02PM
Have you ever heard of Joseph Prince?

My mom has been listening to his sermons. I just listened to a couple. It took me a while to get past the hype, the invitation to "order" and "donate", and his bent toward a (modified) "Prosperity Gospel", but once I did, I found myself bawling. Crying for Joy I was so blessed by our Papa's great love,... So, I want to share it.

[www.josephprince.org]
Podcast: Boast Of The Lord’s Love For You, Not Your Love For Him

What do you think? Anyone?
Re: Prince
April 18, 2011 10:17PM
Hi and (((T7)))

There seems to be plenty of controversy on this man already - and money seems to be the reason.

"For the first time, religious groups now have to follow a set of guidelines, called the Code of Governance for Charities and Institutions of a Public Character (IPCs), to ensure they are properly run. Unlike IPCs, which are allowed to collect tax-exempt donations and have to make public how fully they have adhered to the Code from April 1 (2007), religious groups do not have to do so. However, they are encouraged to make such information public." (This is in Singapore as far as I can tell)
"Its honorary secretary, Deacon Matthew Kang, added: ‘Senior Pastor Prince is the key man responsible for bringing in about 95 per cent of our church’s income. I must concede that he has enriched the church and not the other way round" (off the net)
Another site - "Sometimes he drops nuggets of gold to his congregation by telling them when to buy gold for instance, at the right time and when to invest money" + "Recently New Creation Church through Rock Productions has paid 100 million Singapore dollars down payment for a new iconic building for his growing congregation in Singapore." (Hey - you gotta house em somewhere... right?)

Recently - He has asked the Church not to pay him his salary anymore, so my Guess is, he is 'well healed' or rather 'well off'.

Oh My!! - If the message lines up with the life, then maybe the truth is there?

In NZ we are starting to realize that an awe full lot of cash is handled and some 'mishandled' (which has been on the news) A similar charities commission 'tries' to monitor things and their financial records are on line. Some Transparency is there however they are not required to show to the public all records and some restrictions can apply.

For Truth - ask THE Truth.

Hugs

LH
(Living Thankful that He takes care of what our family needs everyday)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 10:32PM by Lionhearted.
April 19, 2011 01:59AM
Thanks LH. I was wondering out how/whether he fit into the Tel-evangelism box.

This brings up another question,... actually a few more....
Do I avoid him because of all that?
Is the message void?
If I can be ministered to by our Papa through a secular radio station, then why not a "preacher"?

I know, I know,... be on your guard... Definitely. But don't we even have to test out for ourselves what our brothers and sisters say -- even those of us here?
It's not a matter of trusting a person's heart. I believe all here are sincere. (Don't know about this "Prince" fellow, since I've never met him and don't fellowship with him.) Trusting that someone is sincere doesn't mean I can take what they say as my Gospel.
Plus, someone whose heart I do not trust may still share a truth that changes everything for me, that ministers life and freedom, and encourages me in my relationship with Papa. (Papa speaking through an ass.) Yes?
April 21, 2011 02:19AM
Haha good one

(((T7)))

Year there is some-thing there, its just... a bit ... "fuzzy in the translation" of His word.

I've been doing some research on some other guys at the moment, and so much is ... questionable on their 'slant' of scripture. For those that I have found are really into the Greek and refer to the tense, noun and preposition of the words being used etc. Makes a lot more sense understanding it! Many say it is the lack of Greek understanding that these false teachings and 'wolves' are around fleecing the sheep.
There must be a verse somewhere I haven't found yet, that says "You can tell a lot about a mans life by how he/she deals with Prosperity, Power and Prestige" LH - Chp1:1

Practice asking Father any and all questions you have and maybe bold enough to post em here, so we can grow and share our hearts in the church - the living stones that is, together!

(Now lets all stand and sing, "we are gathered together..." x 4 with gusto!)

LH
(Still figuring it out - but finding clues along the way)
April 22, 2011 08:30AM
Came across another Prince tonight so posted here, He is Derek Prince and is a very respected teacher in NZ and around the world.

[www.derekprince.org]

Short Bio - Derek Prince (1915 - 2003) was born in India of British parents. Educated as a scholar of Greek and Latin at Eton College and Cambridge University, England, he held a Fellowship in Ancient and Modern Philosophy at King’s College. He also studied several modern languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic, at Cambridge University and the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

He also has podcasts to download on certain subjects.

Blessings for Everyday

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost