Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Nothing but 'dust'?

Posted by Lionhearted 
Recent Messages
Nothing but 'dust'?
March 09, 2011 01:13AM
When one of my 'cubs' and i went for a drive today (dentist - ew yuck, her not me) we were chatting and talking about life n stuff, then she told me about two of the youth group people who where giving then there testimony 'one day walking and praying out loud down a street somewhere and by the time they came to the end of the street they had gold dust on them" Oh I said 'really'!

Now this is not such a new thing around our 'Sahara' we call home, however we haven't really had the 'cubs' in much of its 'contact' until now.

So i said to girl 'cub', "why did they say God did that"? "Why do you think He did that for"? Girl 'cub' then just said "oh dad its in the bible, haven't you read it"!! So i said to her "can you find it and show me where and why its in the bible"... the discuss kind of fizzled out about that point because i think she was thinking i was asking dumb questions again!!

So i must of missed something here and my main is fairly long now, so I cant seem to find it ....

What i did find when looking on the net www.forgottenword.org/king.html something about a lady named Patricia King and mention of Todd Bently.

What do I think of all this... 'Nothing but dust' butt dust that is.
Re: Nothing but 'dust'?
March 09, 2011 07:47AM
Laughing yep there is no good thing to come of the quest for gold dust. My question would be, "what is the motivation behind those who perpetuate this?" They will be known by their fruit.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
March 09, 2011 04:38PM
Agreed I find it disturbing when people are prodded into activity by the promise of some reward.
Not saying there is no reward, that an activity (here it was prayer) or that sharing stories are bad / wrong / untrue,... just that it disturbs me, because it's so easy to get this twisted into religion of the heart.

"butt dust",... yep. tongue sticking out smiley
March 11, 2011 08:00PM
but dust - hmmm?

Ps 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are but dust.

hmmm

* lovingkindness and compassion

Ps 103 seems to make more sense and speaks to the heart of the matter! I find it bizarre that we know Gods 'lovingkindness' by shows of this kind of thing! Man if I were in Africa with my fellow 'lions' I'd be well off believing this! I wouldn't have to dig for diamonds - just what i need!!

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost