Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Copland, Hagin and "Words of Faith"

Posted by Lionhearted 
Recent Messages
Copland, Hagin and "Words of Faith"
December 12, 2010 02:36AM
Its no use, you just cant escape from it - It's there all the time in different pockets of 'churchyanitty'

A site I came across listed all these folk - many I know, have been under "studies" with material they have written, some I have know not... Below is a list from a site quoted here only as a reference not as an authority, such is the net for finding things (Oynx my friend this may bite me however I'm pretty thick --- skinned)

"FALSE TEACHERS...Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Robert Schuller, Marilyn Hickey, Paul & Jan Crouch, Rod Parsley, R.W. Shambach, Carlton Pearson, John Avanzinni, Kenneth & Gloria Copeland, John Hagee, Jessie Duplantis, Oral Roberts, Richard Roberts, Kenneth Hagin Sr., Kenneth Hagin Jr., Frederick Price, Creflo Dollar, Rodney Howard Browne, Jack Van Impe, Rinehard Bonnke, Texx Marrs, Joyce Meyer, Morris Cerello, John Kilpatrick, Clarence McClendon, Kent Hovind, Rick Joyner, Hal Lindsey, Charles Capps, Robert Tilton.

FALSE PROPHETS...Ellen G. White, Joseph Smith, Kim Clement, Mark Charonna, Juanita Bynum, Brigham Young, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Jack Van Impe, John Kilpatrick.

HERETICAL BOOKS & MOVEMENTS...New World Translation, Kenneth Copeland Study Bible, Book of Mormon, Brownsville Revival, Azusu Street Revival, Pensacola Outpouring, Holy Laughter, Slain in the Spirit, Gospel in the Stars, Endtime Restorationism, Perpetual 5-Fold Ministry, Free Masonry.

PROBLEMATIC TEACHERS...Pat Robertson, D. James Kennedy, Joel Osteen."

Gosh they list my wifes favorites!

We have some friends that are more than into the "word of faith movement" and teachings also in the Mormon circles too. Yet one can see how some are so desperate to convince the other is right and often no one can 'win'. Well maybe no one. Dad knows. Each point the finger at each other and each try to shoot the other down with there version of the "whooly" book. Love in action whaoo. Think crusaders burning sacred inca scrolls or better still empires that where dominated by power and if you didnt think or agree what they thought - they burned ya at the stake! Catholics - Protestant wars etc. (sounds like a clip from Pagan Christianity book)

It must be so nice to slap a $10 bill on the wall and see it multiply right before your eyes,"Seed faith" or better still have a diamond in your hand after pray time in the group at church "Diamond Faith".....(Oh i'm so crucified for that one...)
Its a distraction, all these weird beliefs and exaggerated claims and "if you only believe enough" - its time for the real body to wake up and speak up and do what the Father has asked you to do for so long, Live (Attitude for life), Love (relationship for eternity) , share (care for one another) and know who it was that told you.

Do I need to be able to quote at any given time the words that are written in the book of life exactly the way they have been written so that I may have life, suck eges and be happy? Love?
If yes then I am a slave to the written word and the one who "posted it" and must know it or die? If I try to live without it I will surely die and be excomed from my set of wings. Do not pass go - do not get wings!!
(Lions with wings - cooolll)

Do I have all the answers - yes n no, I have some and I know someone who has more intel than I do! (no not the chip company intel)

Whats the Prognosis? The Church is sick and its needs somethings to change, maybe a lot! How can we accomplish that? Well we cant .... by ourselves however, we can learn to know Father better, Pray and seek and listen with our hearts open to change, renewal, call it what ever it is as you Trust Dad to fit you into His Itinerary. "Maybe we get wrong too" yeh maybe. If we aim at nothing then we will hit anything, if we seek and ask at the same place then who knows what could be changed? If a life can change for just one person, coming to "know" the creator of the universe, anything is possible.

After all 'knowlege is power' - and through 'Love' life is birthed.

"Peace out"

LH
ouch - tail on fire......
Re: Copland, Hagin and "Words of Faith"
December 12, 2010 07:06AM
They forgot that old Apostle of Apostasy; Onyx !tantrum

If we have all things, but have not love... what are we? (1 Co 13)

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
December 12, 2010 05:10PM
There was a time in my life when I studied the teachings of Marilyn Hickey & Kenneth Hagin. Practicing their Vending Machine God theories almost caused me to lose my faith in God altogether. But my eyes were opened to the absolute wrongness of trying to manipulate God in ANY way, especially by his own words.

For a while we belonged to a church where we and maybe 5 others were the only white middle-class members, everybody else was african-american and poor. We joined as kind of a reaction to being in all-white, complacently well-off churches, where we feared ourselves getting complacent. And the folks at this church hung on every word said by TD Jakes and Juanita Bynum. We saw the word-faith lies, but we felt powerless, because who were we, white middle-class people with 2 jobs, to tell these poor people how to believe? TD Jakes would say that God wants you to have wealth, and they'd see him driving around in one of his Bentleys, and it would give them this........hope. This sad, misguided hope that maybe if they believed hard enough and spoke the word back to God, that they'd be prosperous instead of poor.

and I think this is the most damaging thing about these false teachers. They lead the little ones astray. Telling people who are powerless, barely getting by, grandparents raising their grandchildren in poverty ---- that God wants them to have power and influence and wealth and it's up to them to believe hard enough........that's just evil. I don't know what the answer is, to give people hope when they're hopeless, but I know it is NOT the Word-Faith teaching.

I read this today:
Richard Rohr
We’ve got to know the true source of our truth. In my attempt to work inside of earthly institutions for some small degree of justice, am I just fighting for my little “Richard Rohr truth,” or am I really in touch with the great truth that Jesus calls the reign of God? I’ve got to know that it’s not just what I do but why I do it and where it comes from. I think the sequence of Jesus’ words about himself is significant. He is first Way, and only then Truth, which is finally Life (see John 14:6).

Without prayer, we’re trapped in our heads, our opinions, our righteous selves. Maybe we’ll be doing the right thing, but from an egocentric place, not a place of unitive consciousness, the place where all things are one. In other words, we’ll be doing our own agenda instead of God’s.
That highlighted part, that's interesting. I never thought before that maybe Jesus said Way, Truth, Life in that order for a reason. But maybe he was saying that when HIS Way is our way, when He Himself is our Way, Truth and Life are much different from living where MY way is the way. (does that make sense?) And the "word-faith" stuff comes from the desire to have your own way, to have things the way you want them, so you try to get God to do it your way. What do you think?
December 12, 2010 08:05PM
Ah and the Apostle of Apostasy - please add to list!!
April 18, 2011 09:26PM
Well Said (((Cshell)))

I really cant see why many people say "it's just semantics" and others say that is "Gods Word and we need to do what He did". So as I was still trying to 'swat this one with my tail' I mused to Father "what is it the is missing from this situation?" and all that came to mind was, "they want so much yet they give so little of themselves to me"
mmm
I somehow don't think He was meaning 'works', but our lives.
We know the story of Peter and John at the temple and the beggar, "Silver and Gold have I none, but in the the name of Jesus rise up and walk" why? Because they seem to understand the true reason of faith was to receive the act of the cross, repent and be born again - this changes everything from the inside out.

LH
Everyday he shows me, He loves me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost