Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Praises

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Praises
June 06, 2010 09:34AM
I've been thinking that with my tendency to focus on the NEGATIVE rather than the POSITIVE, that I tend to do a LOT of whining, complaining and moaning. So please, guys, if you see me doing that, stop me short! Now, out of necessity I thought to bring positive praises to Papa instead; thanking him for everything that comes to me. Please join in with what you are thankful for. "In all things give thanks to your Father in Heaven"

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Praises
June 06, 2010 09:36AM
I am very thankful for the beautiful, wise, loving, intelligent (smarter than me) and sexy winking smiley wifey that I have...she is a real blessing to me that I do not deserve. Thank you Papa!!!!

- Lenny Bruce
June 06, 2010 09:38AM
Thank you Father for all of my friends - my brothers and sisters here and in real life. They have been instrumental in shaping my life, as you have used them. Thanks for their availability!

- Lenny Bruce
June 06, 2010 02:03PM
I, too, thank you for friends, Father, for those kind, supportive, honest ones in my life. Thanks for loving me through them, teaching me through them. At a time when I thought I had no friends, you brought me new ones. You are so Love.

Thank you for this beautiful earth you made. I see you in its lavish colors and sounds and smells, how colorful and wild and unexpected you are.

What DON'T I want to thank you for!? can't think of a thing!
June 07, 2010 02:08AM
I thank you lord for real friends that you have placed around my life over the years, that have supported our family and myself, and I thank you lord for showing me as much as I need them, they need me too.

Crying for Joy
June 07, 2010 02:14AM
I am passionate about nature and wild animals and birds. I thank Papa for the beauty of His creation. This last winter i watched on a webcam as a little tiny black bear cub was born in a den in northern Minnesota. The camera covered them until they left the den, and then the researchers continued to track the movements of the mother bear and her cub. (www.bear.org and also Lily the Black Bear page on facebook.) I had the most amazing, serendipitous experience with the bear cub, Hope. It was so definitely a God thing. The mother bear deserted her little cub and the researchers were trying to find and rescue her. Meanwhile, on an eagle cam forum which I also watch, I was having a conversation with the resident wildlife rehabber and was sharing the updates with her about the baby bear, and I mentioned that they were trying to coax her to them for reunion with the mother bear with the use of sweetened condensed milk. The lady on the eagle chat was horrified and said that could kill the baby bear! We chatted some more and she encouraged me to try to get the info to the bear people and that they could call her if they chose. My chances of getting anyone's attention on the bear facebook page, the only contact I knew, was very slim--there are a whopping 98,000 fans on that page! (The bears are located in Minnesota where i live, but many miles north of here) I posted what I knew on 2 places in the site, and occasionally bumped the posts to the top again but the pages were moving so fast with heavy traffic that I gave up. Several days went by, and the baby bear was still missing. Heavy rains had wiped out her scent, and when the mother did return and try to find her, she lost the scent. Then on Memorial Day weekend, when most people go away for the 3 days, my husband and I had just scheduled a couple of "day trips" but were sleeping in our own bed at midnight Saturday night when the phone rang, and it was the bear researchers calling! I still don't know how they got my number or who alerted them that I had posted on facebook...but to make a long story short, within a half hour I had gotten the bear person in contact with the eagle person. (located on the west coast...so not quite so late there...she was still active on that chat line. I realized that the call had come at the only time all weekend that I was at home to receive it! The two of them worked and talked all night long and came up with a formula that they were able to get to the baby bear and it saved her life!! I was amazed at how God arranged all the circumstances and the links in the chain of events and people that all worked together. What a wonderful thing to be a part of! I got all sorts of happy emails from people thanking me for my part in it as the word got out on facebook and in the eagle chat room. What a tremendous boost to my sagging spirits! God is so good. He cares about baby bears in Ely, Minnesota, eaglets in a nest on Hornby Island, British Columbia, Canada, two animal researchers/rehabbers who could connect and join forces to save a needy little animal-- and a woman (me) who needed to feel important and be encouraged.

You asked for things to Praise Him about...you probably weren't expecting a testimony about a baby bear, but God works in infinitely various ways! And I praise and thank Him.

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 02:17AM by Phoebe.

June 07, 2010 08:47AM
Happy Dance What an amazing story, Phoebe! I love it when a God-incidence happens like that.

Tonight I am thankful for the way he makes me work...I have worked all day on my daughter's bedroom, ripping up 60-year-old carpet, to find the varnished timber floors underneath, and then sanding them and the skirting boards. I have one very grateful daughter, as her room takes shape, and I am grateful to Papa that I have the know-how and the application to get this done, as he has given me all of that. I'm absolutely stuffed though! (tired, beat, bush-wacked)tired smiley

- Lenny Bruce
June 07, 2010 10:34AM
Oh Phoebe, thanks for sharing that story! I must tell Heather to read it; she watches the safari cam in Africa constantly. Yes. it was definitely Father who orchestrated that, even to having you home JUST when they called.

I guess this answers the question I asked on the Snow Mold thread about "ministry, service and usefulness"!
June 08, 2010 04:38PM
OH!!!! Phoebe!!!!! I am so thankful for what you had to say here. And you know, we are friends on Facebook, but is it from one of these bird or animal cams? Or is it from one of these spiritual forums? LOL!!!!

Yes, I have watched the bear cam, eagle cam, two different hummingbird cams (one named Phoebe) an owl cam, and of course, the live Safari drive!!!! So, I know much of the updates and stories that you are talking about. It was so sad to think of that little orphan bear wandering around in the rain alone. It really brings delight to my heart to hear that you were a part in connecting these folks to the expert. They truly seem humble and thankful, and they have such a lot of conflicting information, so that getting this help was truly a wonderful thing!!!!

You know, I have been "finding myself" in so many ways. I suppose that this end stage kidney disease has helped me to "get to the heart" of things, to be real about life, to stop playing games. It seems as if I spent so much of my life alone, walking through the woods as a child. For years I kind of felt sorry for myself, because everyone had "someone" and I was alone. But now I look back and realize that I was never alone. My prayer for the last couple years was to "be real" to no longer be influenced by wrong thinking. Of course, I have found some wonderful friendships, good teachings, and the simplicity of the truth of the GOOD News. I do know that I am loved, and that others truly are. I don't feel guilty for loving all aspects of nature and creation.

The funny thing about these webcams of birds and animals, is that they came at a time last winter that I was at my weakest, and most depressed. It was cold and dark out. The first time that I went on the Safari live drive, I was SO SHOCKED to find that one of the men who was the presenter, who drove the "jigga" through the bush, telling us all about the wildlife, trees, bushes, etc..... had a kidney transplant!!!!! Oh my goodness. Here I thought my life was over, I was washed up, no hope. And I see this man full of passion and life, out in the bush! My goodness. Now was THAT a coincidence? I don't think so.

Meanwhile, I have made friends on the chats, and let me tell you, folks who love wildlife are good folks. They are like family, they care for each other's health and issues of life. In their own way, their hearts pray. They laugh and they joke, they are just awesome. And many of them connect with me outside of the chats, and they have deep issues of the heart. They don't know that their Papa loves them. I no longer have to force them to be like me, and believe certain doctrine, but with confidence, humor and true love, I begin to watch Father draw them out. Honestly, it can be a full time job. What a strange and unusual position, huh?

Well, I am thankful to hear all of your praises. The strange thing, that I am very puzzled about, is that Shelley told me yesterday to look up this thread, and I in NO WAY could find it. I looked at every single topic, and there was nothing there. Why couldn't I find it? I am corn-fused! If Shelley hadn't linked to it, I would not have found it. But I am also very thankful, and at peace with Papa and that He has us all in the palm of His hand.

Hugs!
Heather
June 09, 2010 01:59PM
Well, Heather, I am glad you found it. I first met you either on here or TGJ and felt drawn to you. Then I friended a bunch of folks from these forums. After that I got into a really dark place and deleted most of them, but you and a few others remained. The wildlife cams do have a fantastic way of holding us together in dark times, don't they? I saw you on the Hornby Eagle site too. I am RMB there. And yes, Papa definitely puts opportunities in our paths to share His light and love. Im so thankful for that. Internet opened up a whole new pathway for me to stay connected with other lovers of Papa when the connections I had in 3d life got broken. I am so excited about what God is doing in your and Shelly's lives through this incredible connection. Have you met face to face yet? That is such a miracle. I am praying for you both every step of the way. And I love how Papa let you meet another whose life was saved by transplant. It was His special gift to bring you hope and courage.
I am happy that we share a deep love for nature and wildlife. Hop on my blogs sometime if you need something to do:
www.artbyrhea.wordpress.com
www.journal4rhea.wordpress.com
I love to share those and would count it a blessing and privilege to have feedback from my friends here at Papa's home.
God bless you!!!!!!

Learning to Live LOVED
August 23, 2010 09:02AM
I am so thankful for my 4 beautiful kids, for the relationship I have with them and they have with eachother, so many laughs so many memories.

They teach me all the time and always illustrate how god feels about me
March 12, 2011 11:26PM
While working outside I spied a small Praying Mantis, trying its best to change colour from green to a dark brown without much success.

So i'm thankful that even though I try to change myself into someone else, He is always able to recognize me and love me just as I am. Whatever I try to do and make happen.

LH
March 13, 2011 04:54PM
In nature, changes happen more often by the creature or plant just "being itself" than by massive effort. Humans on the other hand.... all i'm saying is, maybe we should take a lesson from nature once in awhile, stop trying & trust more.......cuz after all, we're part of nature too and maybe he meant us to let him change us?
August 25, 2011 02:15AM
I wanted to bump this thread up to the surface again, because the things in it are so precious to me! It feels good to be here--home--again, after a long time away. I have a story to tell, which I will soon. Next week I am going on vacation, to a state park near where the bears are. I will be visiting North American Bear Center, and meeting Sue, the lady who called me that midnight. (story above). When I get home I will tell you about this last year. God has been doing some amazing things in me, and I am getting more and more FREE. SO glad to hear of the successful transplant surgery too! God is drawing together a new expression of "The Body of Christ" through the internet. Who would ever have believed it? But we are seeing it! Talk about being "out of the box"!! Lots more to say, till later.....

Learning to Live LOVED
May 11, 2013 08:42PM
onyx
I am very thankful for the beautiful, wise, loving, intelligent (smarter than me) and sexy winking smiley wifey that I have...she is a real blessing to me that I do not deserve. Thank you Papa!!!!

I think your being negative here about what you think you don't deserve!! You deserve her - Father picked her out special when she she was a wee 'cub' for you so - Your it/him then Be everything that God has enabled you to be in that 3 corded strand brother. Dont just settle for the bumper sticker from Promise keepers "I (Heart) my wife"

Its mothers day today!! Squish

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost