Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

What's everybody up to?

Posted by Theresa7 
Recent Messages
What's everybody up to?
July 31, 2011 08:28PM
I've been gone a while, and I was wondering what everyone was up to...

We've been unpacking into our new house. Had my folks for a few weeks. My mother-in-law is here for a few days now. Just got the internet hooked up and am looking to catch up (Deleted over a thousand e-mails this afternoon -- was very behind..) My hubby is flying to Japan today!! He'll be gone for 3 weeks! Hope to get lots done while he's gone, but the weather here has been brutally hot!! So, I'll have to stick to unpacking...

What's going on in your life?
Re: What's everybody up to?
August 06, 2011 01:32PM
Hey T!!! Boogie Glad to see you back! How do you like your new place? Gosh, your hubby's off to Japan for 3 weeks! House partay!!

What's been going on in my life: training my boss to do my job while I'm off for 6 weeks. Buying and figuring out how to use an mp3 player Hmmmm (technologically challenged). My whole family went on vacation for a week to a house on Lake Michigan ~~ walks on the beach, sunsets, great times with family.

Oo and get this: next week I'm going to be in a tv commercial that's going to air nationwide! Crazy! The people from Hospice liked the evaluation I wrote of them after my dad died and asked if I'd be part of a new ad campaign. I thought, sure, I do voice-overs all the time, no biggie. Then I found out they're renting lights and lenses from Hollywood (yeah, really) and bringing in a makeup artist and hairstylist, and renting a HOUSE to do the shoot. hope i don't lose my nerve...
November 19, 2011 12:52PM
This coming Thursday is "Thanksgiving" in the US, a time when families get together and try to be "thankful" :-). Kind of like Christmas, it started out more God-centered, but has become about families. Oh well.

This year, for the first time since we've been married, we're having the whole crew come for supper! I'm SO excited!! Now that we have a house, it's actually possible!! If everybody makes it, there will be 20, but I'm expecting more like 15 because of work schedules.

(Started anti-depressants about 3 weeks ago. Can you tell? Laughing )

What's everyone else up to these days?
November 19, 2011 03:10PM
You must be really excited about having everyone over, T! that's going to be fun, being hostess. Do you have to cook all the food yourself?? hope not! Also congrats on the success of the antidepressants. They must make you feel like things are more possible.

I'm cooking the turkey but we're having Thanksgiving at my mom's as always. Looking forward to being with my busy grad school nieces who I never get to see except on holidays.

What I'm up to....setting up a home audio studio so I can do voiceovers and perhaps make a bit of extra $$ for retirement. I've been doing voiceovers at work since 1973 and some guys at work have been bugging me about making some money at it, they think I'm ready for prime time, so with a very small investment, I'm going to give it a go.
November 20, 2011 03:49PM
Just had a kid free weekend which is always a bummer, plus ex has my car for Isaac so stuck at home which didn't help the mood.

The threat of the council cutting the youth service which I work in hang over me and should be decided by march, it's really hard because the job is perfect in terms of being around to take care of the kids, which is hard when someone is looking for any sign that I can't . I know all the scripture that back up God being in control but knowing and reality are often different things!

Was meant to have been taken to church today by my new Christian friend skinny whose keen to reconvert me, but he forgot, tomorrow night I hope to go to a discussion group with some people I used to go to church with, to discuss Peter Rollins book insurrection it's an interesting book but uses BIG words a lot of it is about doubting god, that Christians are the only ones who need evangelising in that when you claim to believe in god you at that point conceive an inconcievable god thus limiting an unlimitable god.

I guess you might need to read the book or check out his insurection tour videos on YouTube sorry brain dead or I would post them here.

I keep checking in here as you guys are really important to me
November 21, 2011 07:00AM
T
Started anti-depressants about 3 weeks ago. Can you tell?
Excellent! glad they are working for you and you are looking forward to the clan arriving for dinner. Well done!

Shell
What I'm up to....setting up a home audio studio so I can do voiceovers and perhaps make a bit of extra $$ for retirement. I've been doing voiceovers at work since 1973 and some guys at work have been bugging me about making some money at it, they think I'm ready for prime time, so with a very small investment, I'm going to give it a go.
Wow, a star amongst us...when are you moving to Beverly Hills?? Hmmmm That's so cool! Did you talk to Jeff about his recommendations? He's got his own recording studio too, for his music.

J
Just had a kid free weekend which is always a bummer, plus ex has my car for Isaac so stuck at home which didn't help the mood.

The threat of the council cutting the youth service which I work in hang over me and should be decided by march, it's really hard because the job is perfect in terms of being around to take care of the kids, which is hard when someone is looking for any sign that I can't . I know all the scripture that back up God being in control but knowing and reality are often different things!
Oh, so sorry, man. It does not help knowing all the scriptures, does it... but looking at the way he has worked in our lives is the only way I can say that he is truly in control, yet enough hands-off-the-wheel to let me crash it into the fence a few times.
Papa bless you and give you more peace.

Me...I'm hot, tired. Working hard on websites, programming, and constructing kid's playhouse...yeh pictures coming soon...
Getting to grips with my mental condition, and exercising like never before. I feel great. So proud of my little bun in the oven which is growing nicely too! And my other kids, whilst challenging at times, are actually a delight. I'm a blessed man.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
November 22, 2011 05:34PM
Hey Guys!!!

Shell -- Very cool!!! I really really hope you can find the opportunities that will pan out quickly and will keep the jobs coming! Congrats on the new (continuing) adventure!

J -- We love you, man. Does the pooch get to stay with you when the kids are gone? My hubby has been gone 9 of the last 10 weeks (finally home now), and he'll leave again next week until Christmas. Some days, the dog has been the only reason why I got out of bed. Hope your days brighten and loads lighten soon.

Onyx -- What an exciting time!! So glad the exercising is workin' for you! Can you bottle some for me? :-)

My hubby's mom was in the hospital for 2 days (Sat - Mon) - they think she might have been having mini-strokes. She's coming to stay at our house for a week or so starting tomorrow. I really think she needs a break from caring for her husband (93 and not able to do much but sit in his chair and watch TV). She is plain worn out. Hope she likes it at our house for a while. She deserves a good long vacation. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost