Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

So proud.......

Posted by dogwoodflwr 
Recent Messages
So proud.......
February 17, 2011 01:52AM
I am so proud of my 14 yr old daughter. For her 8th grade community project they are providing a day of lunches for the
homeless shelter. All the kids needed to bring in different items for the lunches. They needed to be turned in today, well alot of the kids have blown off the assignment. She came home and said she couldn't believe that they didn't want to help someone in need. Doesn't understand that since she knows that we are suppose to help them because that what Jesus wants us to do. Over the last year we haven't had alot but what we have we will share. She is ashame of her classmates and can't understand how kids can be that way.
I saw God in my daughter today. That she is so passionated about helping and loving others.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
Re: So proud.......
February 17, 2011 03:28AM
dogwoodflwr, that brought tears to my eyes. What an opportunity, what a response!
February 17, 2011 06:44AM
Applause

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
February 17, 2011 12:43PM
Praise God - for the heart of a 'child' that will serve. A 'child' shall lead them.

A 'child' like heart.

LH
Big lion hug
February 17, 2011 05:23PM
Crying for JoyBoogie Rejoicing with you!!
February 17, 2011 08:46PM
UPDATE: the kids put together 369 lunches today so they can take to the homeless shelter tomorrow. My daughter got picked
to be one of the students that gets to deliver them. They didn't make their goal of 500 lunches but did a good amount. Happy Dance

Very proud of them.

News flash:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 12:53AM by dogwoodflwr.
February 18, 2011 10:11PM
that is really neat to see. Learning to be focused outside of yoursefl is so important and neat to see someone so young learning it.
February 18, 2011 10:59PM
What everyone said!

Oh, Toni, it's one of those moments in your life when you have to pause and give yourself a hug. Because she wouldn't have that good heart, if she'd had a different sort of mother.

February 19, 2011 09:30AM
Yeah, absolutely awesome! Toni, you do need that pat on the back. How's your girl feeling about the whole deal now? Is she excited that she got to bless others?

- Lenny Bruce
February 19, 2011 01:43PM
She felt good about it. She also felt sad that some people have to live like that. She also said that some of the kids that
went were very moved by it. So Papa was in the house yesterday. Most of Steph's friends are anti religion, but they
understand that something had happened.

News flash:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 01:36AM by dogwoodflwr.
February 19, 2011 08:23PM
Awesome! I pray that they may equate the love displayed with the God of Love, not the God of religion grinning smiley

- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost