Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Drawing near
February 07, 2011 08:50AM
Poll
8 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Do you feel near to God?

What are some of the things that make you feel close to God? What makes you feel like you are drawing near to Him? What quickens your pulse, and makes you excited? Happy Dance

Is it prayer? Praying If so, how / or what shape does that take for you?

Is it 'worship' ? Rock on Same question....

Is it nature? Taking a leaf(pun intended) out of Psalm 19?Bible

Do you even draw near, or are you one of these amazing folk who still believes 'without seeing'?

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Drawing near
February 07, 2011 11:08AM
I feel closest when I know He's using me and/or speaking through me.

I feel closest when I know He's the potter and I'm His vessel.
February 07, 2011 01:21PM
I feel him during the trying times. Which over the last year and half there has been alot. But I do believe that he is around all the time, I think I feel him the most doing trying time and take him for granted during the good times.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
February 07, 2011 03:25PM
I agree with dogwoffer,

The comfortable have little need of god,
The needy have need to be comfortable in the arms of god

Prayer: for me is a constant conversation almost like breathing
Worship: anything that moves or directs your heart godward

Could I believe if there was nothing there?: no I think I would get bored of my own imagination.

Do I doubt- always
February 07, 2011 05:27PM
J(uk)
dogwoffer
Hysterical I want that name!!! Just call me "Dog Woofer", like the Horse Whisperer. Rofl

Sorry, just had to poke a little fun at J's type-O. (Luv ya, J!!) Made me laugh out loud! Laughing
[www.aboutdogwood.com]

But seriously,... I only feel close to God when I'm honest. Honest about how I feel, where I am, etc.
If I'm "UP" and enjoying something, I feel like he is enjoying it with me.
When I'm down, I don't feel him unless I make an honest "turn" toward him -- acknowledge my crappy state of mind and seek his face. It doesn't necessarily cure how I feel, but being honest and open with him makes me feel his presence.
February 16, 2011 12:59PM
Hey Guys and Gals

Yeh it really is that time (if you check the post), Just feeling a bit unwell at the moment. So got up, had a cup of tea and 'checked' "life" about the place. My scroll bar (RSS Feeds) showed up and I clicked a few topics.

Interesting question. Does "anyone" really "Feel" close to Our Heavenly Father, Dad, Papa...? For me, as wake as I am trying to type this ... I picked 'NO'! Eek what have I done! I'm 'not close to God' I must be the other end, the tail! A Strange thought Of a Lion chasing his tail comes to mind! I wont explore that right now!!

From "Birth" I have believed with all my heart that 'He' is everywhere. Above and below ground, even for those under the sea in sub's! Maybe seeing something like Louie Giglio' "Indescribable" series on the universe puts it better? [en.wikipedia.org]
Weather up close under the microscope or peeking into the distance in a Telescope, how far is too far that "Father" can or cannot be to touch our simple vessel and let me know - He Is - the I am. You are not alone and never will be even though the 'situation' may present like that and the "feeling" may be ever so strong. its just a feeling, believe, faith, and love what else is there...?

LH
Yawning is head off now....

Hugs for the day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost