Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Real life?

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
Real life?
June 16, 2011 04:08PM
Real life
So far this year, with the young people I work with there has been 3 pregnancies, 1 terminated, 1 miscarried, 1 still on the way.  2 young people got arrested for slashing 35 tyres and now share a £3500 fine, the adult who had just set up a new tyre company who promised the £5 for every job he got from there action has not been charged.  Two young people got involved in a knife fight, where one got stabbed 21 times, 1 is lucky to be alive and 1 is lucky not to be in prison. This week alone we have had 2 young people admit they both have chlamydia and several others now seeking to get tested, also 1 young man was made homeless, having completed his last day of school, his father texted him telling him to get on with his life and not to bother coming back home.

I often watch tv programs about young people and think this isn't real (Disney) or harder edged stuff too exaggerated, but this has been 6 months in a sleepy British Market town.
Re: Real life?
June 16, 2011 05:14PM
And these are just the kids you know about, the ones who come to your centre. I'll say it again: glad these young people have you, with the heart you have for them. It would probably be worse if you weren't there.

What do they lack / what do they have too much of?
June 16, 2011 11:02PM
they are all individuals but they lack experience of being loved without condition and have an abundance of self protection self reliance with an amount of self loathing. Our role is to present ourselves to them today the same as tomorrow, not conditional or changing with the mistakes they make or the abuse they throw our way.
June 17, 2011 03:58PM
J(uk)
they are all individuals but they lack experience of being loved without condition and have an abundance of self protection self reliance with an amount of self loathing.
Sounds like all of us.... (me, anyway)

J(uk)
Our role is to present ourselves to them today the same as tomorrow, not conditional or changing with the mistakes they make or the abuse they throw our way.
Sounds like what Jesus does for us....

Crying for Joy

Very insightful into their hearts, J. ((((J)))))
June 18, 2011 03:18PM
It's heartbreaking to hear their stories j. Jess and I volunteered with a group that worked with teenage moms. It was so sad to see and hear their stroies. Love ya man.
June 19, 2011 03:12PM
J, once you said,
the immortal wise sage J
"I have no agenda but to love and accept and respect the rejected."
(i thought it was so good I wrote it down)

I'm making that my agenda too. At least that's my intention, what my heart wants to do, and with Papa's love, I can do it.
June 19, 2011 08:50PM
When you recognise that you are broken too and you are prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder with the broken not in any Position of strength of having the answer, then you can share together the wonder of the answer.
June 20, 2011 12:56AM
Squish
Sharing life together is the answer!! Such good stuff, J! It is really necessary for us to not have an answer sometimes, but to stand alongside and share -- that is the meat of the Gospel. thumbs up

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
June 20, 2011 05:25AM
Where's the like button to this thread. Love you guys you are fun to walk along side of . Cheers.
June 20, 2011 11:14AM
As are you all
June 20, 2011 02:42PM
Group Hugmutual love society
June 21, 2011 03:47AM
sigh.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost