Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

This is how we roll

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
This is how we roll
May 31, 2011 04:20PM
Last sunday, 50 people gathered on a grassy hill, aged from 2 to 68, male & female, black and white, to have a shared picnic, which lasted nearly 4 hours as people chatted and laughed, it was somewhere i could imagine Jesus being. Not a church picnic, or was it? a mixture of atheists, christians and even church goers, came to that place for a cheese an cider picnic which included several races of chasing a barrel of cider down the hill, photos and video on facebook. My youngest son isaac chose not to attend but my other 3 did and loved it, but i was touched by the number of frieds who before hand offered to lend a hand lifting isaac and his wheelchair over the fences, had he wanted to be there they would of got him there.

As with the planting of the cider tree earlier this year (can you spot the theme) my friends and i are trying to start new traditions, based on friendship, acceptance, love, inclusion, fun and cider, actually i know Jesus was there, he sprinted passed me down the slope to get to the barrel ahead of me

Re: This is how we roll
May 31, 2011 05:22PM
Oh yes, it's quite Biblical, Jesus' love for cider. Remember when he turned the water into cider? And then when he was accused of hanging with tax collectors and cider drinkers?

And who could ever forget when he took the cup of cider and said, As often as you drink it, remember me.

In fact, I thought I spotted him in the pictures, running down the hill, J. You're going to have to get up pretty early in the morning to race Jesus down a hill and win!
May 31, 2011 05:47PM
Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm sure Jesus was there.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
June 01, 2011 08:34AM
I KNOW Jesus was ... but I wish I was too!!!

That's so cool, J. Who organised it all? That's real church-of-life stuff grinning smiley

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
June 01, 2011 02:53PM
It was two friends from the wheatsheaf and I who pulled it together, word of mouth spread it, had the weather been better more would of attended.
June 03, 2011 12:11AM
I loved that j. I would have loved to be there too!!
June 03, 2011 12:31AM
Zinger your shorts would have given you an unfair advantage
June 03, 2011 01:27PM
i'lll take whatever i can get.
July 22, 2011 09:54PM
LOL

I didnt know you had a friend called Jesus!! - 'Man' Parents are just havn too much fun these days naming their kids!
Actually - off topic - here in NZ the Birth Death and Marriages register have added to the list new names "you cant use for naming you kids"! Apparently the list now stand at 109! dont you just wonder what they are? lol

over n out form weird zone NZ

LH
(Thats "L" "H"winking smiley
hehehe
July 22, 2011 10:12PM
There's a guy from the wheatsheaf called Jesus, but not sure it's his real name, maybe it's the real Jesus, best buy him a pint just in case
July 23, 2011 02:45PM
Or let him buy you a pint, and I hear his wine is pretty good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost