Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Right said Fred

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
Right said Fred
March 19, 2011 11:51PM
Being right, is it all that it's cracked up to be?
Maybe it is just something I'm struggling with at the moment, not being right but others claiming to be right, I noted a list of threads in another forum, they seemed all to be "what the bible really said about xyz" "what god really wants us to be doing with our money" "why can't those in the box see how wrong they are. Then there are the books which seem to state matter of factly this is right past thinking is wrong. I struggle with this, is it possible that what god is saying, doing with you is different with what he's doing with others.

For me god is right full stop.
Re: Right said Fred
March 20, 2011 10:56AM
J(uk)
I struggle with this, is it possible that what god is saying, doing with you is different with what he's doing with others.

For me god is right full stop.

Absolutely!! Without a doubt!! However, this doesn't mean that everything is from the hand of God.

He may be able to use it or heal it, but it doesn't mean that we should accept what everyone is going through as what God wants for them. Sometimes they are stuck in thinking that is NOT right. But, just because it's not from God, doesn't mean that it is our responsibility to get them out of it. God may be providing a path out which we don't see or it just might not be the right time -- they may need to walk through something in order to really overcome it next time. So, even though God is not necessarily in a hurry to pull the child out of the pit they are in, it doesn't mean he tossed them in there.

Yes?
March 20, 2011 07:46PM
I guess my point was I'm tired of blind men feeling parts of an elephant and claiming what they feel is the god given truth, and anything you've been taught before is wrong. I'm not too fussed about post modernist this is my truth you tell me yours, I guess I am more in the camp with people who say "I see in part, you see in part, let's share and learn what we both see"
March 20, 2011 09:33PM
J, I am also in the same camp. Let's share see what we can learn.

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
March 20, 2011 09:45PM
I would agree with you 'J'

We see 'through a glass darkly' (King Jimmy trans) don't enjoy the translation myself but some of the language is so rich and poetic.

I remember those verbal wars with other believers and those who don't yet believe and cringe now.

So easy to 'win' an arguement and lose a friend.
I wasn't argued into the Kingdom, He drew me through a process that I still haven't figured out but He got through to my heart.

Dereck Prince once said, I paraphrase here, " It is so difficult to teach those who 'know'..........

Eric's Thought for the Day:
....it takes much more than logic and clear-cut demonstrations to overcome the inertia and dogma of established thought.
Irwin Stone
March 20, 2011 09:59PM
A strange tangent is that when I stopped doing "Christian" youth work and started working for a government youth project I thought ok I don't need words to so god, my actions will do, what I found was my co worker who was a spiritualist with such a foul mouth the kids called her f£&king Kay yet she showed the young people more of god love than I had to give.

So even my beliefs that Christians have an exclusivity on displaying gods love was disproved
March 26, 2011 02:44AM
God loves to confound the things of the' wise', and amplify the 'foolish'...he has far too many paradoxes for our feeble grasp of logic (if indeed logic really matters to a spiritual being capable of anything).

I agree, the whole human race gets hung up on who and what is 'right', not just those followers of a belief. That's what politics and war is all about.

So where are we in all this? Methinks our lot is to accept our powerlessness to be right(righteous), and accept his power to be right; so if our opinion or belief is to be right it needs only be centered in Him. He doesn't fight with himself, so when somebody has a difference of opinion with us then our job is to love them, as love is the language he speaks. So often when there is loving going on instead of fighting, then both parties change without realising it, to an even compromise between the two opinions (therefore neither was right, but they both partly held the truth, and released that truth through loving).

Hoping I'm making some sense here...winking smiley

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
March 27, 2011 02:56PM
outstanding onyx
So often when there is loving going on instead of fighting, then both parties change without realising it, to an even compromise between the two opinions (therefore neither was right, but they both partly held the truth, and released that truth through loving).
I think this is quite profound.

The only time I've ever experienced this is the way TIm and I "fight". we both love each other so much that even when we hold opposite opinions, we never lose our relationship in our opinions. we made an agreement when we got married, that no issue would be more important than our relationship.

Now, I don't know how well this works when only one person wants to be the "lover" and the other wants to be the "fighter". Like in 15 yrs married to my ex, I don't remember one time when he didn't see himself as right, which usually made me, wrong. and that was an exercise in futility, I can tell you.

Society seems so polarized right now, there are lots of "right" opinions flying about. my mom and I both have friends who think "right" while we tend to think "left", and these friends want to sortof grab us and force us to look at it their way....so in these cases we've found it best to try to find common ground with them, things we can agree on, and stay in those zones. It's the only way we can think of to stay in a loving relationship with them.
March 31, 2011 07:28AM
mmm

So if I cant love Him, how can i be expected to know what agape really is and then show it? I need help here?

Alternatively - If the 'vessel' finds what created love is, then surely that one has found something of great value?

LH
(pearls and more pearls)
March 31, 2011 11:04AM
Lh not really sure what you really are asking, but hear are some thoughts:

What if love isn't created, but just is. Uncreated just being.
Just as god is uncreated.

Maybe a created love needs an action to demand or deserve it, and when you no longer deserve it, can easily disappear, an irish theologian called Peter Rollins asks if love can end was It really love.

People can experience love but not know it. I once did a school lesson where I read the "love is gentle love is...." etc a girl in the class said if that is love it doesn't exist.

Just some thoughts
April 01, 2011 08:56PM
((J))

Yeh its me, not you winking smiley

Lets have another go here, Until someone comes in contact with Agape love they perhaps have known what 'love' really is? This can take many forms and maybe even an animal talks to you (maybe a donkey or a bird, I have some reserves about Weta's though grinning smiley )
If then God, the master creator somehow puts Agape in our hearts, (hearing by the word) then how great is Love? Maybe Faith and Love are together on this?

Thomas Jay Oord has defined agape as "an intentional response to promote well-being when responding to that which has generated ill-being."

"Love out"
LH
April 05, 2011 11:36AM
I wonder if it goes like this:

"You know it when you get the real thing and you know it when it ain't."

Sometime defining it is like trying to pick up mercury with your fingers. Just can't do it.

When I first got involved with this 'free believers' stuff and began to listen to the God Journey podcasts something in my 'knower' went, "That's it, that's truth and grace = love = Jesus".

It somehow got past my cynicism and to tell the truth scared me witless and yet I knew it was right.

As I settle into this grace walk and just believe like I did that first time in 1979 the simplicity and peace has begun to come back and "I get it" I am loved. My 2 Cents worth
May 18, 2011 11:17AM
News Every one

"One Size really does fit all"!! Or maybe thats "One love fits all"?

Peace out, Get the Heat On, I dunno whatever the latest saying is but get with HIM!

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost