Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

In a pagan place

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
In a pagan place
January 16, 2011 06:27PM
In a pagan place

Last night I dressed up as Noddens a roman god, and performed in a play with others from the wheatsheaf in a field only lit by fire torches. We had just planted a cider apple tree in a secret orchard, the play called mucky bungeols wake was mainly an excuse for a good party but with the tree planting had it's roots in pagan festivals.

I have to confess I have failed to inform my parents that I was playing a roman god in a pagan play as I can imagine them on the hotline to the exorsist before I had finished talking.  I too if say 10 years ago heard there was to be a pagan festival in Thornbury, boarded up my windows and played my praise cd's exta.

But I now believe / know a bigger god and although I would not walk nievely into anything demonic felt ok with it and in taking my kids, although giving thanks to the land and in this case the river severn is missplaced maybe it is one step away from the creator of the land and river.

A crowd of around 100 walked from a pub, many in fancy dress, banging drums, lead by a band of Morris dancers (google it) then climbing over a fence to find a pathway lit by fire torches leading down to a bonfire where the tree planting and play took place.

It was the best night ever, my previous christianity would have shunned the whole thing and the people involved and the sense of community. Today although I am in London with two of my kids, facebook is buzzing with the whole thing and over 1000 pictures have been posted.

I am not advertising that you join everything that is going and maybe where you live the other religions you shouldn't touch with a ten ft pole, but then again if you view the people then maybe you may see god involved.

I do wonder why I felt totally relaxed walking around in a White nightie with a White beard and flowing White locks, with other crazies. But I can remember being involved in outdoor public church praise events and wanting the ground to swallow me up with embarasment.

Re: In a pagan place
January 16, 2011 06:51PM
Heretic! Pagan! Burn him at the stake! *giggle* (Kidding!)

Good on you J, for trying something different, following where Papa led you, and being light to the world. Surely if I can play as Satan in a church-organised play, then it is ok to play as a lesser god if you are reaching people! It sounds like a load of fun - wish I could have seen it!

So where are the pictures of you in a nightie?Rofl

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
January 16, 2011 09:28PM
Its like you've taken the religious blinders off and are seeing a whole new world. The world that we were once afraid to even look at for fear of being tainted by it. And you are walking in the faith that Papa is big. Big enough to handle stuff even if its "out there" according to the blindered people. This is very cool! Glad you and Papa had a good time together.
Boogie
January 17, 2011 01:24AM
Noddens

That may not work, but it's not J's fault if it doesn't.

J's daughter Zoe took like a hundred pictures & posted them, and I'm convinced this was the funnest event going on in Britain that night.

I think we have to question everything we've ever believed. What is really True will stand, and what was brainwashing koolaid, will be shown to be untrue and will fall. I think we have to trust our hearts because Jesus said he and his Father would make their home there. And if we continue to put up walls, "don't read that, don't go there" without inquiry first, aren't we saying He is not big enough to keep us from error or to bring us back if we step into error?
January 17, 2011 01:48AM

Rofl

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

January 17, 2011 05:07AM
Ok so you found my real pic! But there are some of me as nodens out there!
January 20, 2011 02:19AM
Hysterical - although my first thought was "eeek!" But Papa knows your heart and good on you for being actively involved in your community. Who knows who will now feel that they can approach you, now that you have shown you are not like a religious 'other'.

So glad you and your children could have a fun night out together!
January 20, 2011 05:41PM
Just as Xmas is celebrated by most not really as a Christian festival this was even less a pagan one although it's roots were. It was about friends and community at it's heart and about being thankful for what the land produces and for me being thanks to god for all of that. I would no more go or take my kids to something that Christ would not be a part than be involved in anything occult.
January 26, 2011 09:38PM
Rofl

Oh Yeh Definatly needs some heat under him.

((( J and Kids)))

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost