Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Coming soon

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
Coming soon
January 09, 2011 10:20PM
I've wondered howDifferent it is growing up in a family that doesn't go to church than the one who I grew up in whose whole life, activities and friendship base was based around church.  I saw my parents relationship with god because it was seen in prayers before meals, bible Reading and going to church.

I wondered how my kids could experience my relationship with god? Sure there is how we Love eachother respond to situations, but my bible is on my iPhone and we have discussions about life rather than prayer times.

So I set about writing a story that in someway depicted my relationship with god.  I have just finished writing 'A Lion in my bed' and although It is aimed clearly at my teenaged kids I plan to share it here. (when I can do the technical bit of getting it in the right format for onyx)

So here is the disclaimer; I welcome your comments insights, but firstly please remember that it was written with an aim for my kids to relate to it, so if it is over simple that maybe because of the people it is aimed at.  And while I have no desire for it to be published I make no appologies for the moments that seem shack like or aslaneque, these are things that relate to my relationship.

I am not interested in corrections to my grammar unless it is something that is unreadable,Shell has already changed my grandma to better grammar and i am so grateful to her for that; but rather I'd love to hear things you recognise in your own relationship and things you completely disagree with, that's cool.

I may post it in three instalments, it's only 24 A4 pages so not war and peace.

My hope is that it resonates with my kids and if one line hits home with any of you that's great too
Re: Coming soon
January 10, 2011 12:13PM
Bring It On!Happy Dance
January 10, 2011 08:42PM
Sounds good J

Ya sure its not war n peace winking smiley
January 10, 2011 08:48PM
not even chips and Peas, or fries and Peas for those who need the english language translated!
January 13, 2011 01:50AM
The_Lion_in_My_Bed.pdf

J's story...you will need a PDF reader like Foxit to read it.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
January 26, 2011 09:41PM
Got it - reading it now

Well done J to put it on paper - or whatever they call a PDF file winking smiley

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost