Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

More than words

Posted by J(uk) 
Recent Messages
More than words
January 02, 2011 10:09PM
More than words

I often think that a forum is a strange place to build friendships, as often by their very nature they can feel like they demand solid thought through debate rather than open conversation. So I can understand when I come on ph and note that there maybe at least 5 guests watching what is being writen discussed without commenting.

Yet so much is said without words a hand on the shoulder, a nod a smile connection.  So much that I get from my local pub the wheatsheaf where I am now, no one having the time to debate the meaning of life (maybe why religion and politics are banned subjects in English pubs) but a lot of sharing goes on.

In my churched days I would have been almost scared of these people being taught that thier brokeness / sin was contagious  now I know those things are the tell tale signs of those that god desires and I am happy to be among them to be in truth one of them.

To share a smile a touch even a hello that makes us all real human loved.

So if you view this post as a guest, you are welcome to take from it what you will, if at some point you feel you can connect with a hello or a simple touch on the shoulder so much the better but when you are ready to join the broken and sinners

Re: More than words
January 02, 2011 11:12PM
As I ended my pint I noticed another regular alec sat dispondant at the bar, he is nearing 50 a single father who cares for both his mum who has dementia and his 12 year old son who has aspergers and is the uk's youngest armed robber. I took my pint and joined him, shared a moment a touch on the shoulder, to be honest he ministered more to me than I to him, but he said he often saw me in the shops with my kids and thought should he offer to help in some way but said he felt both he couldn't or that I didn't need it but felt all he could offer was to say hello, and as we both agreed that was enough to remind us that we were human and not just carers or whatever label we have been given.
January 03, 2011 12:03AM
January 03, 2011 12:21AM
nice one J. Forums are a poor substitute for real life...but on the other hand they meet the needs of those unable to meet with other for whatever reason; and I am glad of any interaction I have with folks outside my little world...they enlarge my world and help me see a new facet to Papa.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
January 03, 2011 12:42AM
love the story of your connection with Alec, J. yeah, those touches do seem to work best in person, but like onyx says, I will take my interaction wherever and however I can find it, and here at papa's home the hearts are real and true.

didn't know religion & politics are banned subjects in english pubs. probably why english pubs sound like so much fun to me.
January 03, 2011 12:43AM
I am not knocking them at all they have kept me over the past years and I have felt the love from them just saying that, that comes from connection and not from wise words
January 03, 2011 05:31AM
I guess I am one of those who drops by from time to time to say hi, or check in. I would much rather share a table and your favourite beverage. J I hope that you can continue to find those connections both here and in life. I value all your stories and would rather interact with you all face to face, but will take the support in whatever means I can get. Peace guys.
January 03, 2011 09:10AM
Zinger I hear you and totally agree, when I get to heaven I have a list of people to catch up with face to face
January 04, 2011 05:30PM
Right-On J(uk)
... just saying that, that comes from connection and not from wise words

Agreed
Reminds me of the saying: People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

I'll take connection and acceptance where ever I can get it. :-) Yeah, I wish it were in-the-flesh more often. But I'm very grateful for this place -- Thanks to you ALL!!
January 10, 2011 08:52PM
Yeh Amen ((((Theresa7 ))))

Its when those who say the care put it into action that others can see 'love working'.

Forums are a somewhat safer place to share than face to face yet both have their place. You can still email or snail mail! But i think its a bit too slow for a chat. Good Job Onyx

Words are a primary means with which to connect as is touch. For how is the Jesus Journey to be shared with many can be in the simplest of forms, touch and word. Build up others in love and let them sore on wings of grace as you sow you seed brother.

LH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost