Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Door Knockers

Posted by Ricy 
Recent Messages
Door Knockers
December 08, 2010 03:42AM
Today I had a knock at the front door. Yes, you guessed it... Jehovah Witnesses.

But, interestingly enough - I had a returnee. Last time they came, it wasn't a 'they' it was 'one' - which was interesting in itself. He was a really nice guy - Dion. A family man, who has just relocated from Auckland to Hastings. He was really easy to talk to, not pushy; genuine. Today he came with a lady. Both really lovely people. He remembered my name and we had a lovely conversation. Of course, they were peddling religion and their Watchtower magazine, and of course, being December, the topic was..... Christmas. I said, 'No thanks, we don't 'do' Christmas' . They were SO happy Happy Dance They were genuinely interested in why we don't, and found me 'refreshing'. In fact, Dion said he was pleased to be visiting my front door again because I had made an impact on him on his last visit. I had been very open and honest about my faith, and somehow that must have been whirring around in his brain and given food for thought. I hope and pray I showed Jesus to him and not me, Ruth.

He put me to shame with his knowledge of where to find particular verses, so I must give credit where it is due - the verses were not ones 'pre-ordained' by his church, rather they came from the conversation we were having. He just knew where to find them.

I'm so saddened that they have the Truth and miss it completely - preferring false teaching. My heart grieves for the deception they are under
Re: Door Knockers
December 08, 2010 08:09AM
Nice one, Ricy!

I have always found the JW penchant for scripture memorization to be extremely strong. I think they mandate it before allowing their door-knockers to get loose winking smiley The thing is, though, that they have always wanted to argue...their head knowledge puffs up, leaving them with a false sense of security in their knowledge of THEIR scriptures. This is a shame, and because their scriptures don't point them to Jesus (they point them to the Watchtower), they are left having a "form of godliness, but denying its power" - the power of relationship with the Saviour that died for them.

Its great that you were able to minister to them, and may Papa's holy spirit work on their hearts to start them asking questions!

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost