Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Shut up and do what you are told!

Posted by joshuacorp 
Recent Messages
Shut up and do what you are told!
September 09, 2011 02:48AM

Mark Driscoll -- trying to deal with the many questions that church members had about the rash and sudden firing of two beloved senior pastors.

Rather than being open and forthright, he and the elders basically shut the church members up. Members who openly asked questions or who pointed out inconsistencies and redactions in the often vague and evasive answers given were suspended from membership.

To this day the elders will not publicly allow discussion about their actions. Members who ask are called nitpicking and troublemakers.

This is a misuse of the pulpit.

The Elders should have a full and open disclosure of the events that led to the firing, trial and shunning of two good men. They should also explain why the petty charges were not thrown out and the accusers rebuked.

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Re: Shut up and do what you are told!
September 10, 2011 08:44PM
Yep...standard practice in a cult of personality, isn't it? I know the cult I came form was the same way. If we stop the dissension by removing dissenters and always insisting that we are right then we can say what we want, when we want, and our sheep will blindly obey and follow. Hitler knew this well, and employed the same methods.

Also of interest, when viewing this I had to go to youtube, and noticed that the "Church of Scientology" was advertising on there. What is with that? I thought they were not allowed to as they weren't accepted as a church?

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost