Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Hill$ong church parody - praise the lord song

Posted by joshuacorp 
Recent Messages
Hill$ong church parody - praise the lord song
September 09, 2011 02:39AM

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Re: Hill$ong church parody - praise the lord song
September 09, 2011 08:08AM
Hmm....I didn't find this one funny - in fact quite offensive. What do others think?
September 09, 2011 12:00PM
not funny

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
September 09, 2011 10:57PM
It isnt suppose to be funny, Here is a group of people pointing out the money making machine that Hillsong has become and that just maybe there is something wrong with that. (this is not a clip made by the hillsong church but by people concerned about the $$ they rake in and that seem to disappear into private accounts)

I was once allowed to interview the senior Pastor of Hillsong, (at time when they were under investigation for money laundering) when asked about how they justified the incoming funds and the lack of out going funds we were force ably removed from the venue.

If this is how the world see's church, then we are in big trouble.

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
September 10, 2011 08:36PM
This is definitely how the world sees the modern church. It was featured on Australia's ABC network, national broadcasting, as you can see from the little translucent logo at bottom right.

- a program called "Chaser's War on Everything". Caution: like a lot of Aussie M-rated stuff, their content is very crass.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
September 12, 2011 11:35PM
This one definitely has a different feeling to it. Maybe it's cuz the group that made it really wanted the ugliness to show. It certainly does show.

I think it's interesting that these people seem to draw a distinction between Jesus and the way Hillsong behaves. Makes me wonder if they see "modern Christianity" as a distortion <-- which it is....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost