Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Wrong Worship

Posted by joshuacorp 
Recent Messages
Wrong Worship
September 09, 2011 02:28AM

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Re: Wrong Worship
September 09, 2011 08:03AM
Brilliant. I have seen stuff like this before.

What I don't get is that it is put out by a church. Does this mean they are doing something about worship-through-music in their institution? How does presenting a song like this come across in a service?

Is this song just a 'loss-leader' to get you to download their other songs?
September 09, 2011 04:33PM
My impression of this song is that it's church preaching to, being critical of, people who come to church only on Easter & Christmas. Trying to make its own members conscious of their tendencies to get distracted while in church on their appearance, or pointing a finger at those whose minds wander during a familiar song. It's another sermon on "don't be like this" only it's supposed to make you laugh while you feel "convicted".
September 09, 2011 11:02PM
if you listen carefully to the pastor in the ending seconds, he says if you clap they will shut up and leave - made me wonder if they knew it would make people uncomfortable...

I like the fact that they recognize that many see church as a Sunday only thing. i like the in ya face approach, it takes courage for a church to do something like that, it shows that they are aware and that they arent hiding the issue but addressing it front one, (which is my personality style anyway).

wish more would poke fun at themselves in this way.

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
September 10, 2011 11:55AM
I guess iif they are addressing the plank in their eye that is good
September 10, 2011 03:06PM
Yes but there's something here that bothers me. Not a lot because this isn't my problem anymore. It seems to me just another example of what the church is so good at: people telling other people that they're not doing it right. Cuz see the RIGHT way is to come every Sunday, not just Easter & Christmas, and the RIGHT way is to pay attention to God at all times when you're in the service not let your mind wander....and on and on.

Now I know there are lots of people who like being told by other people that they're doing it wrong. Every Sunday and several times during the week.

I don't happen to be one of them.
September 12, 2011 11:17PM
C Shell
Yes but there's something here that bothers me. Not a lot because this isn't my problem anymore. It seems to me just another example of what the church is so good at: people telling other people that they're not doing it right. Cuz see the RIGHT way is to come every Sunday, not just Easter & Christmas, and the RIGHT way is to pay attention to God at all times when you're in the service not let your mind wander....and on and on.

Now I know there are lots of people who like being told by other people that they're doing it wrong. Every Sunday and several times during the week.

I don't happen to be one of them.

I love your whole post, Shell. I'm with you.

I might also point out (perhaps obviously) that the performers don't think they are making fun of themselves but of OTHER people, the less holy ones. I'd like to see them do this montage, but end with one about how Jesus loves and forgives even my religiousness. Rather than a "you're doing it wrong" condemnation, that might make it a "no one can do it right, so give it up" freedom-message. Amen?
September 12, 2011 11:53PM
Ha, I didn't get that these folks were making fun of OTHER people!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 11:54PM by Wifey.
September 14, 2011 02:11PM
T-girl
I'd like to see them do this montage, but end with one about how Jesus loves and forgives even my religiousness. Rather than a "you're doing it wrong" condemnation, that might make it a "no one can do it right, so give it up" freedom-message. Amen?

Amen sister, preach it! winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost