Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Scaremongering< Interesting, OMG!, Or a Sign Of The Times?

Posted by joshuacorp 
Recent Messages
Scaremongering< Interesting, OMG!, Or a Sign Of The Times?
September 18, 2010 03:42AM

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Re: Scaremongering< Interesting, OMG!, Or a Sign Of The Times?
September 18, 2010 07:45AM
Interesting. Is it all really about numbers and statistics, though? Just because Islam is spreading doesn't mean that much, as they will face the same issue that the Christians do; human secularism. Secular society will mean that there is not as many "practising Muslims" as there are "Muslim on the census form" Muslims. Just look at the Catholic church, and how that has gone. It is and will be the same for Islam.

And though I know that Jesus is the WAY, the truth, and the life, I doubt that such a video, or indeed any call to action for the real church, is going to be enough to stop the rampant spread of Islam...so it just hastens us towards the end of days. The church is just simply to far gone in the West. It's dead and dying.

Ironically, I think the only hope for authentic Christianity is from China; where those who have been persecuted know what authentic faith is. Having a look at Islamic based governments, and their intolerance of Christianity makes one realise that it's not too long before we will need to be making a stand for Christ, and maybe looking at Rev20:4? I am of the opinion that our witness to the world is one of living out Christ's life here, not trying to convert every follower of Islam. After all, it is the Spirit of God who does the work; we just need to be obedient to his promptings.

Still, this is all just the idle opinions of a man who has barely left NZ...so take it with a grain of salt.

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
September 18, 2010 02:41PM
I think it is chilling.
The god that is worshiped and followed in Islam is not our Papa God. There is a chilling lack of love and respect for human life in islam. It has expressed its aim in many ways to take over the world, and it all falls in line with scriptural prophecy of an end-time one-world religious system.
I don't see that there is a whole lot to be done about it. Am I fatalistic? The answer Onyx gave is the only one that makes sense to me--fulfill the love of Papa God by showing it, living it, being a conduit. It is His battle not ours. I read the last page of the book and I know WHO is winning.

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
September 18, 2010 09:15PM
Are we voting? cuz my vote is for..........scaremongering.

Let's put more fear in the world, yeah, that's a good idea. Conspiracy theories, they're a dime a dozen. Whom do you believe? I say, believe nothing that causes you to fear.

This video would have us be all scared that The Sky Is Falling oops The World Is Becoming Muslim. The statistics (which, by the way, are not backed up with references so we can see if they are actual; I can make up a statistic to prove my point, put it out there on the internet, and have people take it as fact because it's a STATISTIC for God's sake) seem to want us to be afraid of Muslims, who are 'the other'; 'them' as opposed to 'us'.

Is there anything - ANYTHING - in the heart of God as revealed by Jesus, that instructs us to see the world as "us" and "them"?

"Love your enemies, and do good to those who persecute you." ~~I'll live by those words and if the world's population becomes 99.99% Muslim except for me, I'll try my best to love and do good to everyone else.

just sayin
September 19, 2010 12:27AM
I think there is possibly 'truth' in what this video purports to convey to us but I would want to see the facts cited.

A quick search online has brought up varying opinions over this video.

Here though are are some of the facts:

Countries by Muslim population [en.wikipedia.org]
Muslims in Canada [muslim-canada.org]
Religious Demographics [en.wikipedia.org]
Fertility Rates [en.wikipedia.org]
Fertility Rates [data.worldbank.org]
Islam in Germany [en.wikipedia.org]
Islam in France [en.wikipedia.org]
Islam in Europe [en.wikipedia.org]

And a piece of journalism [www.spiegel.de]

Should give those interested something to go on.
September 19, 2010 10:25PM
thanks for the stat links "wifey". Always good to be informed.

What do i think? Well....

I don't like scaremongering - but suspect there is truth in it, it is interesting but it doesnt make me lose sleep at night, it is an OMG in that I could well experience the collapse of the dominant western culture in my life, and it is a sign of the times in that things like this must happen and come to pass before the return of Jesus.

I must say here through that not all Muslims want to kill, bomb and maim. lots live peaceful generous lives and give and support the communities in which they live. I have traveled and worked among the extreme side as well as the gentle side and i have heard many express fear and concern that all are thought to be bad - this is not my experience. Are they lost - yes, do they need the truth - yes. But they aren't going to get it if people are freaking out about things like this.

Me, I think we need to keep living out our faith daily and seek and ask for opportunities to build relationships with this people group. If they are going to be the dominant force of the world in the future then we better understand who they are, what they believe and why.

We also need to ensure that our faith is strong and that we are seeking Him so that in such times and changes that we will remain strong - no matter what is going on in the world around us.

bottom line for me is - if this gets me to Jesus sooner - bring it on! (gulp!)

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
September 20, 2010 09:39PM
When I was a child, it was satanic cults and the ocult in my teens and 20's it was aids now it is Muslims it seems we love to scapegoat fear and box people.

Me thinks we will be suprised who the blood off Christ saves, you never know I might even get in.

Living Loved Loving Life
September 22, 2010 01:22AM
a really good documentary by a man who has been there..knows the history really well and understands the difference in Islam..I really suggest if you have the means to check it out.

September 22, 2010 01:44AM
Just a note that those outside of the States will not be able to view this as it is blocked by HBO.
September 22, 2010 08:43PM
Wifey
Just a note that those outside of the States will not be able to view this as it is blocked by HBO.

well that stinks..Hmmmm..oh well..i really wish you guys could see it....
September 23, 2010 04:06AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost