Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

About Me - Part 3 - Close Encounters Of The Church Kind

Posted by joshuacorp 
Recent Messages
About Me - Part 3 - Close Encounters Of The Church Kind
June 22, 2010 08:13AM

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Re: About Me - Part 3 - Close Encounters Of The Church Kind
June 23, 2010 10:38PM
Mark,

I'm home from work today with a virus, which has given me the opportunity to finally listen to your story, Parts 1, 2 and 3. I'm not quite ready to thank God for this virus, but I AM thanking him for the chance to hear about you.

One thing that's struck me so far is the theme of Family. Your adoptive family was shockingly unloving to you. I am appalled by their coldness. Your reaction was completely understandable, to live up to being the "unlovable" person they were treating you like. Makes perfect sense to me. Yet you said something that gives me a clue that you have come to a peace about it: "they're a family that's lost out on my life". It's true. They are the ones who have lost so much.

So God, with his great love and many thoughts toward you, prepared Colin. God brought you into a family, who "reflected the true character of Jesus", which was just what you needed. Where would you be if Colin hadn't doggedly "gone uptown" for 5 years looking for you? Who knows, and it's not an important question, what is important is that Colin was Jesus In Skin to you, and that God really, really loves you.

In Part 3, you tell about your encounter with yet another Family. Not quite as bad as your adoptive family...but pretty bad. Maybe another group in another building might not have been so "This is the box, these are the rules, if you can't do it see ya later". But unfortunately there are an awful lot of so called "church families" that make the word "family" a dirty word.

I'm looking forward to the next installment and at some point I hope to hear about what "family" means to you now. Thanks for taking the time to tell your story, Mark. It's an honor you give us to entrust us with this.

Love,
Shelley
June 24, 2010 12:31AM
Hi Shelley,

Thanks for taking the time to view my journey as posted thus far. It is greatly appreciated, and I must admit some what bewildering to me that people find it interesting etc....

I will do a clip about how I view family in the weeks ahead. (I have a long list of stuff to chat about once I get past this About Me stuff.)

I need to add, that up until the age of 11, I had a privileged life, overseas holidays, long summers at the beach, and I have some fond memories of my early childhood, so that although my parents may seem to be cold and hard, as I look back, they did the best the could with the circumstances they and i found ourselves in. In fact, alot of what they did, was with the best intentions in mind, unfortunately they weren't right for me at the time.

I cant say i love them, but i no longer hate them and have forgiven them, and I have moved on with my life, sadly they seem to be stuck in those rough years. They are still hurt by what i did, and i cant blame them, but I am no longer that person.

While we still are not connected, they have connected with my wife and children - and that will be the bridge (maybe) to re establish contact. They are in their 70's now and seem to be mellowing. Unfortunately, while i may not hate them anymore, I feel no attachment to them and have no real desire to re connect with them - but then what kind of example of Jesus would that be to them....must stop thinking..........

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
June 24, 2010 01:28PM
Thank you Mark.
You are a living demonstration of the word of God: When father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
It is beautiful to see how the Lord has lovingly guided you through the rough places and kept you for Himself. He is still your Rock, even in the face of being let down so badly by people. I needed to hear that today.

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost