Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

About Me - Part 1 - Journey To The Darkside.

Posted by joshuacorp 
Recent Messages
About Me - Part 1 - Journey To The Darkside.
June 06, 2010 10:40AM

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Re: About Me - Part 1 - Journey To The Darkside.
June 10, 2010 01:07PM
Your story moves me to tears. I love the way you bring out that the important thing is not where we came from, but where we are going. Not what we have done, but forgiveness and hope and the path ahead. God has a purpose in everything He has allowed in our lives. I so need to focus on moving forward in Him. Someone wrote on facebook this week that the attention or over-attention that we place on people in our lives; i.e. abusive parents or pastors, etc.; whether negative or positive attention, takes up space on the Throne that needs to belong only to Jesus. For good or for evil, the recipients of all this negative OR positive attention can become idols to us. I have been guilty of that. I have allowed the hurts and injustices of the past (recent and far-away) to so take up my attention, that it is not fully upon HIM and what HE is doing and WHO He is!
Quite a journey we are on, isn't it?

Another neat quote from facebook:
"Don't be afraid to say what you think and be who you are.
The people who don't matter won't care, and
The people who don't care won't matter"
Dr. Suess

W.I.P. (Work in Progress)
Learning to Live LOVED
Re: About Me - Part 1 - Journey To The Darkside.
June 10, 2010 09:47PM
Hi Phoebe,

Thanks for taking the time to watch my journey into the darkness and for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it.

I don't know how many times i have gone and listened to speakers ministers etc and they have spent 45min talking about their sinful lives before Jesus, and then try and stuff in the hope and life of Jesus in the last 15min of their speaking time.

For some reason we want to hear about how bad people were, maybe it makes us feel better about our own life - that at least we weren't as bad as that.

We all struggle with our past, our hurts, our sins, we can choose to allow them to hold us back, or we can choose to say I cant do this on my own and give them to God. I know that this is easier said than done, but as long as we are letting them go bit by bit then we are making progress.

I was told that as soon as I become a believer that everything was alright - that all was forgiven - well I needed to forgive myself as well, and that took some time - but I also needed to learn to trust others - for some reason trusting God was easy - trusting people again was hard.

Mostly, I love journeying towards Jesus, some days it is just too hard- but knowing where I came from and my life before Him, i keep crawling towards him, no matter how battered bruised or bloodied I become - mm by mm , hour by hour, day by day - I journey towards Him the best I can.

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost