Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

I'm a little hedgehog prickly and stout.

Posted by joshuacorp 
Recent Messages
I'm a little hedgehog prickly and stout.
June 06, 2010 07:52AM

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
Re: I'm a little hedgehog prickly and stout.
June 06, 2010 09:17AM
It's good to have a hedgehog around...you know one of the things about hedgehogs, is that they have a lovely soft and furry belly, that just makes you want to rub it Hysterical

Seriously though, I really appreciate that aspect of your personality...it's real, and unambiguous. And I know that you have influenced me to be more that way inclined also eye popping smiley

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

June 06, 2010 02:31PM
Mark, I appreciate the prickly hedgehog-ness of you too as a creative gift of Father. Challenging people on their assumptions is what all of us need, when it's done with respect and love and care for the other's heart.

A little about me. I spent 15 years in a marriage to a man who loved to argue, stand toe-to-toe on every issue, debate endlessly into the night. I have had enough of that for a lifetime. My now-husband came from a marriage where the same thing happened. Both of us so appreciate each other and have peace in our home. We challenge each other when we disagree or when we see things in the other that are hurtful, but we don't get strident or in-your-face. It would be like a violation to do that, because we know where each other comes from and the damage our hearts carry from the old days.

So when I listened to your video, I had a bit of a reaction. The reaction comes from MY HISTORY, not from your personality! I want to let you know that I probably won't be engaging in any toe-to-toe, in-your-faces with you, not 'cause I don't care about you, but because that kinda thing hurts me. Disagreements on issues, a bit of debate to clarify stands and bring up new data? I can do that!

Love,
Shelley
June 07, 2010 10:42AM
Shelley, it doesn't matter how u participate as long as you do participate. There are many ways to skin a cat and to get your point across - choose the way that best suits you. New Zealanders are renowned for getting to the point, bypassing the red herrings and speaking our minds. Our approach is not a personal attack but more our nature and our desire to get to the heart of the matter. I think we are too politically correct, to concerned about not offending, upsetting or rocking the boat. I am about openness, debate, passion, disagreement and understanding, all with a common goal - to move closer towards Jesus.

As long as you speak out, share your view, and have your say, then that is all that is asked. This clip was to "warn" that I can get passionate and that I arent afraid to speak out. Would rather have it out their in the open from the get go.

Look forward to the discussions - not matter the shape they take.

Mark

If God can use a donkey, then He can use an ass like me!
June 08, 2010 12:45PM
Marvelous Mark
Look forward to the discussions - not matter the shape they take.
Me too, brother!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost