Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

A love song

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
A love song
April 09, 2012 03:30AM
Here's a question to make you think:

if our Lord were a love song, would he sound the same to everyone?

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: A love song
April 09, 2012 07:12AM
I think even to every person he would sound different every time you heard the song, but you would go wow a new song by my favourite artist
April 10, 2012 05:39AM
I find it hard to see Papa as a lover, let alone think of him as a love song. It's just one of those biblical analogies (bride/bridegroom) that hasn't appealed to me much for some reason.
April 10, 2012 04:49PM
I agree with Wifey, I have a hard time with Papa as lover thing. As a dad surebut the whole bride/bridegroom allegories just isn't helpful to me at this point in my journey. Friend dad, yeah not so much the lover thing.
April 10, 2012 09:38PM
I can understand this and agree it is hard to relate to that image. Maybe with the father image there is a sense of him being tied to us in a kind of blood relationship, but with a lover there is always the fear that you have to deserve the love, perform to maintain the relationship.

Peter Rollins says that god as lover sees all the foul rubbish side of us to the point where we feel how dare we think about forcing ourselves on him but he says he sees all that but he just can't do with out us
April 11, 2012 04:26PM
I've come to appreciate the analogy of God as Lover (not really relate to it much, but appreciate it more...) since reading two books.
The series by Lynn Austin, Gods & Kings: [www.christianbook.com] (especially the last book in the series)
and
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Both of them have examples of wayward women whose husbands love them and forgive them -- like us.

As for the Song question... I agree (I think) that the song will be different for everyone. But, maybe not -- maybe we will only hear it differently from eachother and even from the time we heard it last. Like an ever-expanding and deepening piece of music -- the more we listen, the more we hear.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost