Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
January 16, 2010 11:28AM
I went out tonight with the lads (Lionhearted and JoshuaCorp), and we saw Avatar (2d version).

Absolutely stunning. What incredible graphics! If you've ever enjoyed the light and colour of a Maxfield Parrish painting, you will love this movie. It is, in my reckoning, the most beautiful movie ever! It is a sci-fi rendition of an old storyline (Dances with Wolves), but well written for that too. Read more about it here: [en.wikipedia.org]

As for spiritual values, the mentalfundalist christians will immediately despise it for it's tree-hugging morality and nature-worship. Don't let them put you off...it is a story of evil vs good; man's greed vs nature's beauty.

Go check it out for yourself! grinning smiley

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce

Re: Avatar
January 16, 2010 05:46PM
I agree, really lovely film!

We saw it in 3D a week or so ago, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference to be honest...

For the first few minutes the 3D effect is stunning, everyone's "ooh"ing and "aah"ing and "wow"ing...but after that it didn't register with me really - like my brain made the adjustment or something. Also I did feel vaguely travel sick and headachy at one point, but that might have been due to something else.

I do wonder about the 3D thing though - when we watch a 2D film/TV, do we really ever feel like it's not "real" enough? It never ccrosses my mind - I just get absorbed with it and "see" it in my head as if it were 3D. To me, adding the extra dimension was over-stimulating. Could just be me and my brain lol!

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings...
Ps. 17:8
January 16, 2010 08:08PM
Interesting comment about the 3D, Susie. Many here have reportedly been feeling travel sick at the 3D version too, although the cinemas said that nobody actually got sick. I have had the same experience when I used to play 3D games on the computer.

I'm going to one of the major cities next week for a conference, where I can watch it in 3D with wifey grinning smiley

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
January 23, 2010 11:30PM
Hey Thanks ole boy for the invite.

Personally I really like Scifi stuff.

My perceptions of this movie - really EXCELLENT GRAPHICS!! - Loved the animals, the effects of the forests and the story line. However the dialogue was a bit "weak" in some areas. I really hope they get back the money they paid to make it!!

Old story as Onyx said - I think kept bugging the guys with - "WOW see that", "yeh right on that one" all the way through it.

An M (16yrs) rating - however the youngest i was saw about 4yrs!
January 24, 2010 01:11PM
Wow! I can't be absolutely certain, but pretty sure it's a 12 over here. Don't recall anything that would be offensive or too scary for kids around that age. Maybe I've forgotten something?

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings...
Ps. 17:8
January 30, 2010 08:19PM
I've been DYING to seethis movie,...my brother who saw it twice said it's his favorite movie of all time! We have similar tastes in movies so I think I'll like it.
May 01, 2010 12:50AM
I FINALLY SAW IT! It was more incredible than I imagined. I was crying, or laughing and crying at the same time through the whole movie. Even better I got to see like I wanted to.... with my brother. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost