Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Lions in our beds

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Lions in our beds
January 13, 2011 01:57AM
This a second link for the wonderful story written by J Wide of the UK. All credit to J and El.
The_Lion_in_My_Bed.pdf

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Lions in our beds
January 13, 2011 03:22AM
Wonderful story. Good job J. Thanks for posting Onyx

News flash:
God is not angry with you. He loves you.
If you don't believe that,
or think it's too good to be true,
or that I'm making it up - ask Him! smiling smiley
January 28, 2011 11:39PM
Tip for 'newbees' reading J's short story.

Do not drink at the same time as reading it!! This can be hazardous to your lungs!!

Love the descriptions of what Daniel thought about what God looked like - "A old man in white beard and a long white nighty"

Great story J - now to get it published...

LH
Lion about.
January 29, 2011 02:54PM
LH thanks for taking the time to read it, I don't have the energy to do anything more with it, it would be interesting to see how others imagine a pictorial or sureal image of a relationship with an invisible god, which is what was my aim.
January 29, 2011 09:46PM
I love this picture of God's heart. He's really been in your bed, hasn't he? winking smiley
January 30, 2011 08:06AM
Yes when i felt i was at the bottom of the darkest pit, that is when I found dad again after 7 odd years disconnected. In that place of ultimate rejection and pain and feeling that this is the lowest
I could go, I heard a voice in my head "yes and I am still here with you" and It pinned me to my bed like a mighty lions arm.

Since then I have been learning that dad doesn't want us to visit him once a week, or to make special time to connect, he is with us every second of every day, some times we need to reach out and grasp his mane others to climb on his back and ride with him. Too know that he is there to enjoy the fun and share the pain.

It is hard to explain how amazing that is.
January 30, 2011 09:05PM
J(uk)
It is hard to explain how amazing that is.

Well, I think this story does a great job at SHOWing it. Thanks for taking time to write it. I know it was mainly for your kids, but I'm still grateful that you shared it with us too. Good Job
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost