Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile House Rules

Advanced

Spirit Storming Papa's Home

Posted by onyx 
Recent Messages
Spirit Storming Papa's Home
September 19, 2009 12:35PM
This site is not to "steal members" from anybody, nor run from issues; rather to provide the sort of environment that I (we?) believe to be most beneficial to continued growth on the journey with God. I will still participate in TGJ also, obviously depending on time allowances. It is also something that I've juggled around in my little noggin for a long time now, and timing is right ;-) . But I also think it's crucial that I bring on board those who are wise and can hold me accountable too (I mean apart from wifey!), hence why I am speaking to you all.

Now we are SpiritStorming (brainstorming) the nature and needs of this place...

Cool? Let's start with a list of descriptives :

encouraging
comfortable
safe
loving
stretching
unique

family friendly -- "if your Grandma or your 10 year old daughter was reading it..."
open -- " open to you, your ideas, your journey with God...not necessarily agreeing with them!"
responsible -- "prepared to do what seems right in any given situation" ...which leads to
confrontational / discipline -- "if necessary, confrontation in love bringing discipline will occur. "
private -- "your data is yours alone, we will do the utmost to ensure it is never used for nefarious purposes, eg spam, character assassination"
heretical -- "refuse to adhere to any given set of dogmas; scripture is for reading and interpreting as the Spirit leads us"
forgiving -- "where repentance is, there is forgiveness"
healing -- "a place of recuperation"
hypocritical -- "Only kinda tongue-in-cheek...if I'm there it's a fact..."
connecting -- "where people can connect with one another, and in a different way with Father"
code of conduct -- "everyone agrees to a code of conduct in order to conduct themselves on the site...we don't invite ourselves into our neighbour's house, then run around breaking everything and hurting people, now do we? ;-) "

Any more you can throw in there?

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Re: Spirit Storming Papa's Home
September 21, 2009 10:14AM
{BUMP}

If no one else has any suggestions, I will tidy this list up, and make it more of a "this is what Papa's Home is / will be" type post...

Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.
- Lenny Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 987 on June 05, 2015
Hosted by DownTownHost